The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Documentation Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
document control, invoices, forms and templates (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,631 Posts
Karma Power: 916
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Randy
Re: Do Invoices need to have Form Numbers?

How about a simple answer?

NO!

Invoices are just another system document that will eventually become a record and they only need to be effectively controlled according to your procedures under 4.2.3 & 4.2.4.

Now if there is some external requirement for numbering then the answer would be yes and you would stillneed to apply 4.2.3 & 4.2.4 respectively

We who have seen war, will never stop seeing it. In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams. Joe Galloway
Thank You to Randy for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:37 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: May 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 17
Karma Power: 17
Newbi has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Do invoices need to have form numbers?

All of you on this site are just fantastic!! I wish I knew about you all a long time ago. My access to time and information is limited right now so to be able to discuss issues while I'm reading is such a great thing. Reading can be boring and it's not until I try to apply the information that I wake up and get excited about these issues, so I find I'm working backwards a lot! Learning the hard way, but learning....
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd June 2010, 08:43 AM
Involved in Discussions

I love simple! I've been trying to make it too complicated! Famous last words! I think I'm going to love my quality system when it is changed. I have a lot to do to get it where it needs to be!
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:42 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Oct 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 120
Karma Power: 49
John Martinez is appreciated, and has over 400 Karma points.John Martinez is appreciated, and has over 400 Karma points.John Martinez is appreciated, and has over 400 Karma points.John Martinez is appreciated, and has over 400 Karma points.John Martinez is appreciated, and has over 400 Karma points.

Besides what has been posted here, consider that, regarding forms, the whole idea behind controlling (and numbering is optional) is "are we, the organization collecting the correct data?". For invoices (whether your accounting department is or is not included in your quality management system) the question then becomes "are we providing the client with all the CUSTOMER REQUIRED information?"

Document control can be boiled down to "are we doing, collecting, providing, the latest information?" How can I prove it?
Thank You to John Martinez for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:18 PM
Involved in Discussions

Boy is that true! We are probably over covered in some areas and not enough in others, that's what happen when you don't look at the big picture. I learned that the hard way, interesting correcting it though!
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:48 PM
Your Mexican Amigo

Registration Date: Aug 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 1,204
Karma Power: 109
arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Newbi View Post

Isn't it unfortunate that nothing is cut and dried in the world of quality!
Hello,

It does not have to be difficult to determine which ones are records required by the standard. One way of knowing is to scroll along the ISO std. for the statement that records for such area are required and that they need to be maintained in accordance with 4.2.4.

Attached please find a sample list. It is not all inclusive and it points out also records required by ISO 13485, but the list shows the overlap on records required by 9001 and 13485

Hope it helps
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: ppt ISO_13485_Quality Records sample list.ppt (113.0 KB, 372 views)

Patient oriented Quality and Compliance
Thanks to arios for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:58 PM
Involved in Discussions

Yes it does help! Thank you very much!
Old 3rd June 2010, 01:19 AM
Email Address Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Apr 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 136
Karma Power: 0
amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.

In my company I don't control them by numbering them. Fact of the matter I could only see them when auditing the specific job file.
But my experince says that the invoices are numbered in small or big organizations at least for traceability.
Thanks to amanbhai for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Documentation Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?