The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
management representative, responsibilities, iso 9001 - quality management systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2010, 05:01 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: May 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 18
Basavaraj MM has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Management Representative Responsibilities

I have taken up new role as MR (ISO9001:2008) Can anyone send me the list of MR activities that other organizations do. I have some points which has been implemented.

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd June 2010, 05:36 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,161
Thanked 4,463 Times in 3,158 Posts
Karma Power: 1517
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Management representative responsiblility

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Basavaraj MM View Post

I have taken up new role as MR (ISO9001:2008) Can anyone send me the list of MR activities that other organizations do. I have some points which has been implemented.
Scroll down this page for links to additional information.

Stijloor.
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd June 2010, 05:52 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Mar 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 1,417
Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,600 Posts
Karma Power: 490
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to somashekar

Quote:

When you say 'taken up' I understand that you have taken up from an other responsible manager who was the MR. There must have been sufficient exchange of information and activities in taking over the MR role. Do you have any specific thing in mind or a doubt on any specific issue ? Everyone here will be more than keen to lend a support as questions become clear.

Best Regards...
Somashekar BV, INDIA

Last edited by somashekar; 2nd June 2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:05 AM
Involved in Discussions

yes, I want to know the improvement activities apart from regular one. Example : promoting Group kaizens (Quality circles) etc. Can we enhance this list.

Thanks & Regards,
Basavaraj MM
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:29 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Thanks Given to Others: 1,417
Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,600 Posts
Karma Power: 490
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to somashekar

Quote:

yes, I want to know the improvement activities apart from regular one. Example : promoting Group kaizens (Quality circles) etc. Can we enhance this list.

Thanks & Regards,
Basavaraj MM
All that what you said and any other improvements that you think will help in ensuring that processes needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintained would fall under the responsibility and authority of the MR ( see 5.5.2 a. )
How much you will do depends upon how much authority you have (or will take) and how much your management lends support.
Its not necessary that you are an MR to promote these, however it gives you the leverage being the MR.
Wishing you good luck ....

Best Regards...
Somashekar BV, INDIA
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:12 AM
Involved in Discussions

Thank u for your feedback
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:16 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Thanks Given to Others: 230
Karma Power: 249
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:

The responsibility of MR are well explained in the related clause of ISO 9001 standard.
Clearly you should tailor this responsibility, also enriching your role.
WHat are the expectations of the top management towards your role?.
This could be a good starting point together the reference of the standard.

For example, the first practical things I got in mind are the planning of the internal audits and results reporting, management of corrective and preventive action, support for Quality Documentation ( procedure, manual , etc.), fostering Quality culture into the organization , interface with Registrar , support to the organization in managing Customer audit, support the organization for SUpplier audit and so on.
Hope this helps
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:19 AM
Involved in Discussions

Thank You very much

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?