The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) and Food Safety
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
fda (food and drug administration), transportation (product), traceability of parts materials and products, warehouse (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 31st August 2010, 10:25 AM
Shy Poster (1 to 5 Posts)

Registration Date: Aug 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 16
Symmetry has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Warehousing and Transportation of Bottled Water

Hello,
I am working a contract for bottled water and I need to provide to the contracting officer a quality policy on warehousing bottled water, and transporting bottled water. This would include all the correct storage temperatures min/max and any other FDA or Government regulations for bottled. I need this quickly or I am going to be in trouble with the boss. I have looked on the net and only come up with tap water requirements. I truly appreciate any help on this matter.
All the Best!

Sponsored Links
Old 31st August 2010, 11:23 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Nov 2007

Thanks Given to Others: 143
Karma Power: 98
SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.SteveK is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Lurker Re: Bottled Water HELP!

Found this staight away:

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/p.../ucm077065.htm

Don't know if this is what you want?
Sponsored Links

Old 31st August 2010, 11:44 AM

Re: Bottled Water HELP!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your assistance. I actually found this today also. I am really looking for someone that actually deals with bottled water so they can explain how they track the lot numbers in the warehouse and how they ensure a quality product to the customer. e.g. optimal storage temps, type of lighting, what standards does the warehouse have to be held to as far as being clean. Any particular requirements for transporting
Old 1st September 2010, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Sep 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 1,495
Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,062 Posts
Karma Power: 698
harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Warehousing and Transportation of Bottled Water

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Symmetry View Post

Hello,
I am working a contract for bottled water and I need to provide to the contracting officer a quality policy on warehousing bottled water, and transporting bottled water. This would include all the correct storage temperatures min/max and any other FDA or Government regulations for bottled. I need this quickly or I am going to be in trouble with the boss. I have looked on the net and only come up with tap water requirements. I truly appreciate any help on this matter.
All the Best!
If what you meant is bottled mineral water / RO water, you may want to look at the IBWA (International Bottled Water Association) website and guide lines. Over here, we follow their guidelines as well as those from the authorities (if any). Since water doesn't turn bad easily, minimal care is required - stored in cool (room temperature) dry place and away from direct sunlight - the same applies to transportation. Juices are a different kettle of fish.

IBWA

IBWA - packaging
Old 1st September 2010, 08:31 AM

Harry,

Thanks you for your support on this. I have been looking for awhile to find some information on how to warehouse and transport bottled water. I am working a contract and this is out of my experience.

All the Best!

Regards,
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:18 AM
S. Subramanian

Registration Date: Aug 2007

Thanks Given to Others: 215
Karma Power: 98
bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.bio_subbu is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to bio_subbu

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Symmetry View Post

Harry,

Thanks you for your support on this. I have been looking for awhile to find some information on how to warehouse and transport bottled water. I am working a contract and this is out of my experience.

All the Best!

Regards,
Are you referred the document IBWA "Bottled Water Code of Practice"?
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf IBWA Code of Practice Updated 2009 Final_0.pdf (174.1 KB, 47 views)
Thanks to bio_subbu for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) and Food Safety

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?