The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 8th March 2002, 12:48 AM
Appreciated Member

Registration Date: Mar 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 449
Karma Power: 139
Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.Raffy is appreciated, and has over 1500 Karma points.
Question Subcontractor Audit - How to audit a subcontractor

Had a problem, my MR give me some task on how I am gonna audit a subcontractor. I haven't audit yet . Can somebody give me some tips or hints how I would conduct a supplier audit? Is it the same with Internal Quality Audit? What is their difference?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Raffy

Sponsored Links
Old 8th March 2002, 01:13 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,578
Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,315 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
There is an excellent supplier evaluation form in the Members and Premium directories. Disk file name is Supplier_Audit_Form.xls

You fill in the blanks and all the calculations are done for you. It's a nice spreadsheet.

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Sponsored Links

Old 8th March 2002, 07:08 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Sep 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 10
Karma Power: 165
gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.gpainter is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.
Most that I have seen are set up like internal audits. However, make sure you add to it. Ask yourself and your team what am I expecting from this subcontractor and are they able to deliver. Then develop your questions to find out if they can. Several people should be involved in the development of these questions(eg.accounting,purchasing,quality,engineering,etc.).

Last edited by gpainter; 8th March 2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 9th March 2002, 04:03 AM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: Jul 1997

Thanks Given to Others: 149
Karma Power: 400
Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Howard Atkins is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Howard Atkins
Quote:
Ask yourself and your team what am I expecting from this subcontractor and are they able to deliver
This is the most important part of the preperation and you must be prepared very well to save you and your company embarrasment.
I focus on several aspects:
Contract and pre contract review is vital, this is a stage that has a direct impact on you. Do they really check the feasability of what they are quoting, do they really understand the demands.
Process audit, follow the process do not waste time looking for documents without signatures, some one else does this. What is important is the "spirit of the supplier" from your point of view.
Here is an example of a supplier audit plan:
8.30 - Opening meeting, presentation of Supplier and customer.
9.00-9.30 Short tour of plant.
9.30-10.00 RFQ and Contract review including treatment of orders of production approved parts.
10.00-11.00 APQP, FMEA and PPAP.
11.00-11.30 Continual Improvement, Customer satisfaction,
11.30-12.30 Purchasing, supplier evaluation and development.
Lunch
13.30-15.30 Audit of process from reception of materials to shipment.
15.30-16.30 Measurement, Gauge R&R, comparison of measuring abilities.
16.30-17.00 Organisation of findings.
17.00-17.30 Closing meeting.

This enables you to cover all the aspects that are really important to you.

Lean starts with your documentation
Save trees
Old 4th December 2009, 12:27 PM
Shy Poster (1 to 5 Posts)

Registration Date: Nov 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 20
druester has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Subcontractor Audit - How I am gonna audit a subcontractor?

Mark: How do I get to the Members and Premium directories? I would like to take a look at the Supplier Evaluation sheet you recommended. Thank You!
Old 5th December 2009, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,192
Thanked 4,526 Times in 3,207 Posts
Karma Power: 1548
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Subcontractor Audit - How I am gonna audit a subcontractor?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by druester View Post

Mark: How do I get to the Members and Premium directories? I would like to take a look at the Supplier Evaluation sheet you recommended. Thank You!
Welcome to The Cove Forums!

Look at this post from Marc + attachment.

Stijloor.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?