The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
customer specific requirements (csr), general motors (gm), ppap (production part approval process), gqts (gm's global quality tracking system)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:39 AM
Getting Involved (6 to 9 Posts)

Registration Date: Feb 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 27
immokalee98 has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Question PPAP in GQTS (GM's Global Quality Tracking System)?

I recently started a new assignment and I'm tasked with submitting PPAPs in GQTS. Does anyone have any experience with using the system?
Thanks to immokalee98 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,192
Thanked 4,526 Times in 3,207 Posts
Karma Power: 1548
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: PPAP in GQTS?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by immokalee98 View Post

I recently started a new assignment and I'm tasked with submitting PPAPs in GQTS. Does anyone have any experience with using the system?
For our Members: GQTS = ?

Thank you.

Stijloor.
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:43 AM

Sorry, it's part of GM's Supply Power application, Global Quality Tracking System.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:46 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jun 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 147
Karma Power: 50
Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.

Hello, immokalee98!

Funny you should ask as I have been tasked with coming up with an internal training program on that very topic for my company.

GM does have a training module on the Covisint/GQTS web portal but it was not clear as to the exact steps involved in the long march to full PPAP.

Unless another member has a module all ready to go I will be working on this task completion this week and would be happy to share it with you.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." Albert Einstein
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:26 PM

That would be great! and appreciated. I've never submitted PPAPs through GQTS. It was always binders that I manually put together. Now I have to deal with saleable and non-saleable statuses. I look forward to your project.
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:08 PM
Involved in Discussions

Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Sturmkind is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.

No problem. Upon completion I will let you know and would be happy to email direct to you as I recall my rather steep learning curve.

GQTS is proprietary to GM and it would not be correct or necessary to post publicly on this terrific forum. Suffice it to say that it is designed as a step-by-step way to get to full PPAP.

Best regards!

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." Albert Einstein
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:26 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jun 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 2
Karma Power: 23
Rand T is appreciated, and has over 100 Karma points.Rand T is appreciated, and has over 100 Karma points.

I entered dozens of PPAP's on GQTS in the past, however it has been a few years. I no longer am working as a GM Supplier, so I am unable to even look at it to refresh my memory.

It is part of the APQP module, but the process of entering everything correctly is not very intuitive or easy to navigate. The real difficulty is that if everything isn't done exactly right, the status automatically can default to "Rejected"

Once you have done a few they are pretty easy, but it takes a little practice. Can your SQE provide any guidance?
Old 4th February 2011, 04:14 PM
Involved in Discussions

Re: PPAP in GQTS (GM's Global Quality Tracking System)?

Thanks, Immo, for galvanizing me to complete the introductory training module which is now available to you.

Since I do not wish to post this generally, I will post a required Quality Notes form that you can feel free to use and over-write to suit your needs. I believe that you will find this general form handy.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: txt QualityNotesSample_NS_26JAN2011.txt (1.3 KB, 272 views)

Thanks to Sturmkind for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?