Have a nice Halloween!
Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
as9100 - aerospace quality management systems, as9110 - aerospace maintenance quality systems, faa (federal aviation administration), faa part 145 (certified repair station), iso 10013 - quality management system manuals, manuals (misc), product realization, quality manuals - structure contents and examples, forms and templates (general), aerospace (general), risk management and analysis

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 21st February 2011, 10:25 AM
Shy Poster (1 to 5 Posts)

Registration Date: Feb 2011

Thanks Given to Others: 4
Karma Power: 16
bertine has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Writing a QMS Manual for our FAA 145 Repair Station

I am trying to write a QMS Manual for our 145 repair station. It sure would be helpful if I could see another companies manual but I can't find one anywhere. Why is this so closely guarded? Does anyone know of a QMS I could view on line so I can see if I am even headed in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
Old 21st February 2011, 10:34 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Jan 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 2,051
Thanked 6,002 Times in 3,821 Posts
Karma Power: 1532
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Why is this whole ISO thing so secret?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by bertine View Post

I am trying to write a QMS Manual for our 145 repair station. It sure would be helpful if I could see another companies manual but I can't find one anywhere. Why is this so closely guarded? Does anyone know of a QMS I could view on line so I can see if I am even headed in the right direction?
Welcome to the Cove. There aren't many companies that post their quality manuals online, but I don't think it's due to confidentiality concerns; it's more because there isn't much of a good reason for posting them. Perhaps someone here has something to share that's directly relevant to your situation, but in the meantime, go up to the top of the page where you'll see this:

and click on "Post Attachments List" and you'll be able to search for examples of quality manuals that have been posted here.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. --Upton Sinclair
Thanks to Jim Wynne for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 21st February 2011, 10:35 AM
Your Mexican Amigo

Registration Date: Aug 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 1,204
Karma Power: 110
arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

This is a posted sample of a Quality Manual:

Example of a Quality Manual

It was designed using Santa Claus as the context, but still to me looks like a nicely designed manual

Patient oriented Quality and Compliance
Thank You to arios for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st February 2011, 10:40 AM
IRCA QMS Lead Auditor

Registration Date: Dec 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 13
Karma Power: 32
keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.keres is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to keres

http://www.circuitboardexpress.com/Quality%20Manual.htm
http://www.quality.co.uk/example/manual.htm
http://www.rndsystems.com/DAM_public/5722.pdf
http://www.continentalsteel.com/pdf/...ity-manual.pdf
Thank You to keres for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st February 2011, 10:51 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,900
Thanked 5,434 Times in 3,409 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Writing a QMS Manual for our FAA 145 Repair Station

There are *lots* of example quality manuals here: Example Quality Manuals

But none that I noticed that is specific to an FAA Certified 145 Repair Station. It would be nice if someone has one which can be shared here.

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Thank You to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st February 2011, 11:12 AM
Your Mexican Amigo

Registration Date: Aug 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 1,204
Karma Power: 110
arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.arios is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

There are *lots* of example quality manuals here: Example Quality Manuals

But none that I noticed that is specific to an FAA Certified 145 Repair Station. It would be nice if someone has one which can be shared here.
Well, may be the one for Santa Claus meets the FAA requirements. After all, his cargo flies over the air doesn't it?

Patient oriented Quality and Compliance
Old 21st February 2011, 02:12 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Feb 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 66
Karma Power: 129
BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BadgerMan is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Are you wanting to have a QMS manual separate from your FAA approved repair station manual? I can't speak for the majority of repair stations but ours merge the two documents. That being the case, you won't find ours floating around publicly because it contains some very specific (and potentially proprietary) information about the organization. At the end of the day, the FSDO needs to approve what you produce so I would seek their advice.

I have heard that the ARSA model is a good option.

http://www.arsa.org/node/484

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati :agree1:
Thanks to BadgerMan for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st February 2011, 03:15 PM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,900
Thanked 5,434 Times in 3,409 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Money Re: Writing a QMS Manual for our FAA 145 Repair Station

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by BadgerMan View Post

<snip> I have heard that the ARSA model is a good option.

http://www.arsa.org/node/484
At these prices for a set of templates, they must really be something "special"...

"Disclaimer

These documents are not all-inclusive; each repair station is unique. Modifications to this model manual and Forms Manual will be required to ensure the specific procedures and forms used by the repair station will comply with the regulations. Further, the model manual does not address satellite repair stations. If your company wishes to develop a managerial repair station with satellites, please contact ARSA for assistance in modifying this document to meet those requirements.

Pricing Information

Model Repair Station and Quality Manual with integrated Forms Manual is available to Members for $750 and Non-Members for $1500.

The Forms Manual is available free of charge to Members ONLY. It is available to Non-Members for $500.

The revised Model Repair Station and Quality Manual and Forms Manual is available to Members who purchased the model manual before September 1, 2007, free of charge, and to Non-Members who have previously purchased the manual for $1,000.

NOTE: You may order your complimentary copy of the model manual using the publication order form. Please take care to use the exact same company name so that verification your previous purchase can be made, and note in the “Remarks/Comments” field that you are requesting a complimentary copy based on a previous purchase. Complimentary copies will be issued via e-mail upon verification of prior purchase."

If anyone has a manual and/or forms as an example that can be used as a template (which the above is), contact me by PM. I'll pay up to US$750 for it (I'll up the ante for the forms) and post it (them) here for free.

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?