The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog   Elsmar.com Forum Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
as9100 - aerospace quality management systems, certificate of conformance (c of c), nadcap ac7108, nadcap (nat'l aerospace & defense contractors accred. pgm)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 30th June 2011, 05:30 PM
ExpertResource

Nadcap parts: Cert. of Conformance (more than just the spec.)

I would like your opinion if you are a Quality Professional (ex: quality engineer, quality manager, lead auditor, registrar, and specially a Nadcap certified company).

Recently, one of our clients was critisized because the Certificate of Conformance issued with their processed parts (chemical processing) referenced more than just "meeting the manufacturing specification" stated on the purchase order.

The COC stated conformance to the (1) manufacturing specification, AND (2) AS9100 and Nadcap Chemical Processing requirements and (3) other customer specific requirement which were part of (3a) the P.O. and (3b) their supplier approval with that customer.

I consider that all of these (1 through 3b) are important as they all effect the expectations and contractual obligations between the supplier and the customer. The manufacturing spec and all other contractual obligations together govern the quality control.

Should a COC be specific only the the manufacturing specifiction as referenced in the P.O., or is it not also important to state conformance to all of the other customer specific requirements (such as other customer specific requirements beyond the spec., AS9100, Nadcap, etc.)? Feel free to elaborate. Thank you! David

Last edited by ExpertResource; 30th June 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 4th July 2011, 04:05 PM
Stijloor

Re: Nadcap parts: Cert. of Conformance (more than just the spec.)

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ExpertResource View Post

I would like your opinion if you are a Quality Professional (ex: quality engineer, quality manager, lead auditor, registrar, and specially a Nadcap certified company).

Recently, one of our clients was critisized because the Certificate of Conformance issued with their processed parts (chemical processing) referenced more than just "meeting the manufacturing specification" stated on the purchase order.

The COC stated conformance to the (1) manufacturing specification, AND (2) AS9100 and Nadcap Chemical Processing requirements and (3) other customer specific requirement which were part of (3a) the P.O. and (3b) their supplier approval with that customer.

I consider that all of these (1 through 3b) are important as they all effect the expectations and contractual obligations between the supplier and the customer. The manufacturing spec and all other contractual obligations together govern the quality control.

Should a COC be specific only the the manufacturing specification as referenced in the P.O., or is it not also important to state conformance to all of the other customer specific requirements (such as other customer specific requirements beyond the spec., AS9100, Nadcap, etc.)? Feel free to elaborate. Thank you! David
Can someone with this expertise help David?

Thank you very much!!

Stijloor.
Sponsored Links

Old 5th July 2011, 01:30 PM
SvanRaay

I have worked at chemical processing houses most of my life.....but dont let that trick you into thinking I know what I am doing.

Without actually seeing the CofC you mentioned to review the verbiage, I would say they are going a bit overboard. They should be certifying the work done and anything spelled out by the PO or the plating specification (first article requirement, source inspection, actual thickness range, embrittlement relief times and temps), but the quality system definately does not need to be there.

the reference to Nadcap and AS9100 should be more of an advertisement on their certs (proudly proclaiming that the facility meets the requirements of these fine groups) but not necessarily certifying the parts to those requirements.
Thanks to SvanRaay for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 6th July 2011, 01:27 AM
ExpertResource

SvanRaay,
Thank you for your reply!
Dave

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?