In Reply to Parent Post by bigbirdy
Thanks Big Jim!
We have a configuration management system but I am not sure if we are doing configuration audit consistenly. Does simple (piece part) inspection of the drawing revision and part can be considered as physical configuration audit?
Here is a simple configuration audit procedure:
Configuration audit is accomplished by confirming every configuration requirement is verified for completion and acceptability against customer requirements. Typically, the following are verified:
• All production processes were completed.
• All certifications have correct process revisions.
• All dimensions have been inspected and approved.
• All proper notes are in place.
• All documents supporting its configuration are present.