The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
nonconformance system, wiring harnesses, procedures (general), nonconforming material product or service

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:18 PM
Shy Poster (1 to 5 Posts)

Registration Date: Nov 2011

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 11
Joey Laudermilk has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Procedure for Control of Nonconforming Materials and Products - Example wanted

I need a little help i have been given the task of writing a porcedure for noncomforming material and products. I would like to see some examples to get my brain working. Any help is appericated.

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:23 PM
When in doubt - THINK!

Registration Date: Jan 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 455
Karma Power: 344
RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to RCBeyette
Re: Procedure for Control of Nonconforming Product

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Joey Laudermilk View Post

I need a little help i have been given the task of writing a porcedure for noncomforming material and products. I would like to see some examples to get my brain working. Any help is appericated.
Hello, Joey, and welcome to the Cove!

If you scroll down to the bottom of this thread, you will see a section on related topics (i.e. nonconforming product procedures). You can also try the Search key located towards the upper right of this screen.

~ Roxane ~
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant
Sponsored Links

Old 2nd November 2011, 02:37 PM

I did and couldn't find any.
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:38 PM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Mar 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 230
Karma Power: 249
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:

In addition to what RCBeyette said, I would advice to consider the non conforming product for different items in your organization: non conforming in incoming for raw materials and direct materials, product in line and at shipping as well.
This advice is valid if you produce a phisical product, different is if you provide a service.
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:42 PM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Mar 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 230
Karma Power: 249
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:

I did and couldn't find any.
Here is something
Nonconforming Product Procedure Examples

Do you need ISO 9001 procedures ?

You could also try on the web with some key words like: examples of non conforming product procedure
Thanks to qusys for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:45 PM

We make wiring harness for the lighting industry. I am wanting to write one that cover all aspects of the procduction process from receiving raw materials, to assembly, to inspection/testing. ISO procedures would be great.

Last edited by Joey Laudermilk; 2nd November 2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2nd November 2011, 04:22 PM
Post Responsibly

Registration Date: Oct 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 1,652
Thanked 4,961 Times in 2,564 Posts
Karma Power: 910
Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by qusys View Post

And a few more @ http://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist.p...=nonconforming

Anyone can do a search on the attachment documents available by clicking on the Post Attachments List green banner @

Sustainable conformity assessment must add value to all stakeholders

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?