IRCA and UK CMBC announce change to the ICOP scheme

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
http://www.irca.org/news/news_pressrelease64.htm

IRCA and UK CBMC today announced a planned change to the UK Aerospace Industry Controlled Other Party (ICOP) scheme auditor authentication process.

From March 2013, IRCA will cease to process or manage ICOP scheme auditor authentications and a new process will be put in place under UK CBMC for this element. IRCA certificated aerospace auditors will continue to have the option to maintain their IRCA aerospace QMS auditor certification with IRCA, however without the ICOP scheme element.

The change recognises the benefit of separating ICOP scheme auditor authentication from the IRCA aerospace auditor certification scheme and providing greater clarity for industry and control for UK CBMC.

IRCA and UK CBMC have committed to ensuring a smooth transition of ICOP scheme auditor authentication from IRCA to the alternative provider and to minimising the impact on ICOP scheme auditors and their employers. IRCA and UK CBMC will notify auditors and certification bodies of any new arrangements in due course, and for now there is no requirement for any action by IRCA ICOP scheme authenticated auditors.

IRCA aerospace auditors who have questions may contact IRCA Certification Manager, Max Linnemann, [email protected]

UK CBMC may be contacted via [email protected]

I wonder if RABQSA will follow the same route....

Timothy1

Involved In Discussions
Hi Sidney
Any idea whether any changes coming in the way of AS auditor certification (other than somebodyelse will take over IRCA's certification business)?
Tim

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
As I mentioned in this post, the whole process for aerospace auditor authentication is under review by the IAQG OPMT team and the future version of AS9104/3 might bring some significant changes, but I must not speculate about the nature of such potential changes.

If I am not mistaken, the next version of AS9104/3 should be released in the Fall .

M

mlaurie

Boingo
I know I'm late to this party but I do not see RAB under suspension in OASIS. Can someone provide that link? Also where does the line start to become an AEA, I can't seemed to find it and I've already passed the Certified RAB Lead Auditor course. If RAB has been suspended what does that do to all the trainees??:thanks:
Sarasota Mike

Top Bottom