Re: Multiple CARs into One CAR?
In Reply to Parent Post by NikkiQSM
Because of the type of business we are in, we can / may rework material all the time. If a product is rejected due to poor quality of the plastic pellets, and the reason for the poor quality is isolated, do I still need to write a CAR?
What I have in head right now is:
- If something is rejected for whatever reason, the rejection is documented in a NCMR (Non-Conforming Material Report).
- Example: The product is rejected due to being off-color.
- Over the next 2 weeks, two more products are rejected due to being off-color.
- It is found that the color mixer is the same for all three products that had been rejected due to being off-color.
- I would then issue a CAR (Corrective Action Request)
Does that make sense?
Thanks again for the help.
It does make sense, although after the first reject it would be a good idea to see if you (or someone) can find out what's going on and then
make a decision as to how to proceed.
We aim to please. You aim too, please.