The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Documentation Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
counterfeit parts and products, counterfeiting control, mitigation factors, procedure content, procedures (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 5th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Registered Visitor

Please Help! Counterfeit Parts Mitigation Plan/Procedure Details Requirement(s)

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, so please move if I've guessed incorrectly.

I am looking for a demo of a Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure that will give me an idea of the amount of detail that is needed/required.

Sponsored Links
Old 5th September 2012, 04:46 PM
QA=Question Authority

Re: Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure

In what industry do you work in? What standards are your company certified to? Can you describe your situation in more detail?

This may help the moderators better place your question for answering...

Brian

There are 3 types of people in this world...those that can count, and those who can't...
Sponsored Links

Old 5th September 2012, 05:20 PM
Appreciated Information Resource

Re: Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure Details Requirement(s)

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by 56flh View Post

Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure
A more basic question: what is counterfeit mitigation?

I understand the detection of counterfeit products, services, repair parts, etc.

Are you referring to mitigation of the adverse effects on your product users, their customers, and/or your company's economic success by means of actions to identify counterfeits on the market and decrease their availability, identify counterfeits in use or in inventories and arrange for their replacement, and identify counterfeit sources and take action against them?

Or does "counterfeit mitigation" mean something else?

My first thought was that you want to create a plan that looks like it's intended to mitigate something, but actually is just a cheap copy of a real mitigation plan. That would be good for a laugh, but I'm presently thinking that's not your goal.
Old 5th September 2012, 05:52 PM
QA=Question Authority

Re: Counterfeit Parts Mitigation Plan/Procedure Details Requirement(s)

Quote:

I am looking for a demo of a Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure that will give me an idea of the amount of detail that is needed/required.
Since I cannot post a file from my computer right now, here is this PDF from a Google search. It may help you.

This white paper also has some good information on the subject.

Hope I've Helped...
Brian

There are 3 types of people in this world...those that can count, and those who can't...
Thanks to insect warfare for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 5th September 2012, 06:57 PM
Involved in HankyPanky

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, so please move if I've guessed incorrectly.

Hi, Everything you need to know is in SAE AS5553 Counterfeit Electronic Parts; Aviodance, Detection, Mitigation, and Disposition

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. A.E.
Thanks to rickpaul01 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 6th September 2012, 08:20 AM
Registered Visitor

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by insect warfare View Post

Since I cannot post a file from my computer right now, here is this PDF from a Google search. It may help you.

This white paper also has some good information on the subject.

Hope I've Helped...
Brian
To answer your question: tier two supplier to a defense contractor and we are ISO9001:2008 certified.

Thanks for the link, it gets me a little closer to what I'm looking for.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Documentation Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?