The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 14001 and Environmental Related Standards
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2003, 04:12 AM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Jun 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 44
arthur.tan has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Let Me Help You What are Incoming and Outgoing Environmental Aspects in ISO 14001?

I am new to ISO 14000.

I hope experts here can help me in my problem.

How do I ensure compliance to 14000 for my Incoming and Outoging?
Do I need to have a checklist to ensure material brought in and out must be compliance to 14000?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 22nd August 2003, 04:49 AM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: May 2000

Thanks Given to Others: 1,257
Karma Power: 400
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quid Pro Quo

Hello Arthur and welcome to the Cove,

First of all you will need to identify your environmental aspects. That will provide you with the data you need to proceed with your system and procedures.

See ISO 14001:1996 A.3.1 Planning, for info on where to begin. We also have lots of people here with a much better ISO14001 competence than I do (I'm primarily a Q geek). I'm sure you'll get good advice from them.

/Claes

Hanlon's Razor.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
User Groups: Elsmar Cove Cycling Enthusiasts Formula 1 fanatics Photo freaks Readers Corner
Sponsored Links

Old 22nd August 2003, 08:24 AM
Where's the shall?

Registration Date: Jul 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 432
Karma Power: 318
db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.db is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Yes, welcome

Although Claes is a Q geek, he is correct in that the key is your environmental aspects. What aspects are associated with you incoming materials (including packaging, trucking aspects, etc.)? What aspects are associated with your outgoing materials (once again include packaging - even the packaging that your customer has to deal with, transportation , etc.). A checklist might be useful, but by no means is required.

Your aspects (think of things you move, use, store, dispose of or spill) determine your objectives, which determine your targets, which determine your programs, by which your control your aspects.

Remember you need to consider those things you have control over, or can be expected to have an influence on.

Dave B (the other Dave)
Old 22nd August 2003, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,631 Posts
Karma Power: 916
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Randy
1st...Welcome to the Cove

2nd....At the top of this page are a whole bunch of buttons. You can either use the "SEARCH FORUMS" or "REGISTERED USERS" button, but you should look up "JUNE ANG". June is located in Singapore and has a real good handle on ISO 14001.

3rd......We don't comply with ISO 14001, we develop our systems to conform to its requirements. We comply with applicable leagal requirements.

4th...As to your "Incoming and Outgoing". You can do what you want. If you want or need a checklist, make one or don't. ISO 14001 doesn't care. What you need to do is just as db and Claes have stated. Do what 4.3.1 tells you to do, how you do it is your business. You also need to pay attention to potential issues related to 4.4.6 (c), this many times gets overlooked.

5th.......Contact June
Old 22nd August 2003, 11:29 PM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Jun 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 44
arthur.tan has less than 100 Karma points so far.
thank you so much.

your advise has given me some idea.
I gonna put it in my apects list and have it as system audit. this way i can do without the checklist and save the hassle training my inspector at Incoming & Outgoing.

now i just need to identify those apects at that area.
Thanks alot.
Old 23rd August 2003, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,631 Posts
Karma Power: 916
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Randy is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to Randy
Make sure that you ask the folks that work in that area what they think...and document their input.

Contact June!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 14001 and Environmental Related Standards

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?