The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 19011 - Auditing Quality and Environmental Management Systems > Internal Auditing
Forum Username

Wooden Line

ISO 13485 Practical Internal Audit Checklist - Standard vs. Process Based

Wooden Line
Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
audits and auditing, checklist or check sheet, iso 13485 - medical device qms

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13th November 2003, 08:01 AM
ISO MAN

Listen To Me! ISO 13485 Practical Audit Checklist

Dear all,
Can you help me to find practical audit checklist which is written not against the clauses of the standard only, but it also written against the specific requirements and its interpetation. My checklist which was following the standard structure was not accepted by our certification body on the ground that it does not cover the specific areas and its interpertation. THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 13th November 2003, 08:35 AM
Aaron Lupo

Let me understand you, your Notified Body did not like your checklist so they said you can't use it? As long as your company is meeting the requirments what does it matter to them?
Sponsored Links

Old 13th November 2003, 09:30 AM
Al Rosen

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ISO MAN

Dear all,
Can you help me to find practical audit checklist which is written not against the clauses of the standard only, but it also written against the specific requirements and its interpetation. My checklist which was following the standard structure was not accepted by our certification body on the ground that it does not cover the specific areas and its interpertation. THANKS
Hi ISO Man:

Was your audit checklist process based? If not that may be what they had a problem with. I created a checklist for each process. The checklist related the clauses and the procedures that applied to the process. You might want to do something like that.
Old 14th November 2003, 02:27 AM
ISO MAN

Thank you for your reply. My checklist was covering the processes with reference to the internal procedures. Although I was complying with the requirements, the notified body wants to see the specific clauses of ISO13485 and its interpertation in the checklist as an eidence that they will be covered in the internal audit activities.
Old 14th November 2003, 10:28 AM
Al Rosen

I don't know what he could have a problem with. Why don't you attach a sample of one of your checklists. It would allow some of us on here to critique it and make suggestions if required. I think your auditor is asking for more than you need.
Old 14th November 2003, 11:38 AM
Cathy

Al is right ISO Man.

Your auditor is asking too much with regard to the clauses of the standard. You do not need to provide a checklist document that says what you will be auditing in an area.
As along as you can produce 'objective verifiable evidence' that the audit has been completed to a satisfactory standard then you are meeting the clauses of the standard.

The checklist can be created while preparing for the audit. This is acceptable for ISO13485 providing you have trained internal audits.

Have a look at your own procedures do you say you must have a pre-prepared checklist? if it does - remove it, its too tying.

You auditor is talking through his hat! tell him to get off his high horse and stop telling you how to implement your quality system! (well something like that).

One thing I find is that auditors are not challenged enough. If you know your standards and suspect that he is only aserting an opinion, tell him! I do and my auditor and I have a great working relationship and I know they are always on their toes because I will challenge them.
Old 16th November 2003, 09:51 AM
ISO MAN

Al, Cathy
I think you both right. I chalanged the auditor however she raised NCR against my auditing activities. I enclosed an example of the audit checklist my team use, it is related to the internal documentation which is complying to the ISO 9001:2000, ISO 13485:2003 and MDD 93/42/EEC. Please comment and recomend me a course of action.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: doc Audit Checklist wi bc.doc (297.0 KB, 5906 views)
Thank You to ISO MAN for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 17th November 2003, 12:38 PM
Al Rosen

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ISO MAN

Al, Cathy
I think you both right. I chalanged the auditor however she raised NCR against my auditing activities. I enclosed an example of the audit checklist my team use, it is related to the internal documentation which is complying to the ISO 9001:2000, ISO 13485:2003 and MDD 93/42/EEC. Please comment and recomend me a course of action.
IMO, If your procedures comply and you audit your process to your procedures, then you meet the requirements.

If the auditor has a problem, take it to the registrar,

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 19011 - Auditing Quality and Environmental Management Systems > Internal Auditing

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?