Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions
Forum Username

Wooden Line

Process Flow Software - Seeking reviews and recommendations

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
process flowcharts (process diagrams), software tools (for qa statistics doc control etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 29th September 2004, 10:40 AM
Boing

Total Posts: 20
Let Me Help You Process Flow Software - Seeking reviews and recommendations

Hi,

Know this isn't strictly about TS but thought I'd ask.

As TS calls for a process based system I have been looking at various flow charting tools available.

Ideally I am looking for a tool that will produce flow charts with multiple levels and automatically create them in web enabled format (for publishing on our intranet)

I have used a tool in opne of my previous companies that did this very well, it was called control (I think).....

Does anybody know who makes this software and where I can purchase it, or can anyone suggest a suitable alternative?

Andrew

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 29th September 2004, 11:16 AM
Debra

Total Posts: 4
You might want to check this out
RFFLOW 5
We like it.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 29th September 2004, 11:56 AM
WALLACE

Total Posts: 758
I can vouch for RFFLOW, it's way more easier to use than Visio. I would say that Visio is the most graphical program yet, RFFLOW has the shortest learning curve.
If you're looking for programs that are ideal for mapping out issues, attaching documents and files to them and, posting them on an intranet: I would say (By experience) that, mapping programs such as Mind Manager, Mind Genius, Visual Mind and, other Mind mapping software packages can offer you a seamless translation and integration into an organizational intranet.
Wallace.
  Post Number #4  
Old 4th October 2004, 04:40 AM
Boing

Total Posts: 20
Thanks,

Will have a look at the software

Post Number #5  
Old 13th October 2004, 03:41 PM
MarkJoel

Total Posts: 56
Has anyone used SmartDraw?

http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/diagram.asp?id=35545
  Post Number #6  
Old 13th October 2004, 05:34 PM
Kevin H

Total Posts: 489
re: Software for flow charting

I can agree with the folks using RFFLow - very intuitive and relatively low cost program. We did all of our original flowcharts in RFFLow. Unfortunately, corporate has decreed that Visio is the program of choice, so we eventually will have to change to that. I'm currently waiting for someone to arrange appropriate training. May have to step into the void and do the work to find the trainig - Anybody using Visio and aware of a good company providing basic training in it.
Regards,
Kevin
  Post Number #7  
Old 14th October 2004, 09:31 AM
antho10359

Total Posts: 19
Smartdraw

I have used Smartdraw for a number of years. It is, without a doubt, the best software for not only process charting, but it can do so much more.
  Post Number #8  
Old 14th October 2004, 01:27 PM
GoKats78

Total Posts: 188
I moved from Smartdraw to Visio seamlessly. Like most software it is easily learned - fi you are not afraid to try things!
All of our Process Flow diagrams are done with Visio.
And with a small amount of bragging, our auditor and many others have commented that they are the best they have seen!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?