The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2004, 08:29 PM
Involved - Posts

Registration Date: Oct 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 44
peach has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Let Me Help You Differences - ISO 9001 vs. QS-9000 vs. TS16949

I am new here, i posted a thread before and when i checked that now it says it is moved.. i dont know why the moderators moved it..
Now i need some more help, please help me.
i have some doubts about ISO,
Can i know what is the difference between ISO, QS and TS,, also what happend to ISO 9001,9002 and 9003. one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?
Also i heard that QS and TS are made by ford,chrysller, and GM not the ISO organization. is it true?
thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Old 23rd October 2004, 11:36 PM
Quality Manager

Registration Date: Sep 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 508
Thanked 2,988 Times in 1,929 Posts
Karma Power: 1175
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by peach

I am new here, i posted a thread before and when i checked that now it says it is moved.. i dont know why the moderators moved it..
Now i need some more help, please help me.
i have some doubts about ISO,
Can i know what is the difference between ISO, QS and TS,, also what happend to ISO 9001,9002 and 9003. one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?
Also i heard that QS and TS are made by ford,chrysller, and GM not the ISO organization. is it true?
thanks in advance,
Apparently, one of the Moderators moved your post to a Forum dedicated to questions from students here http://elsmar.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Essentially, the questions you have asked,
  • first, about V1000 audits (where you got answers you didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge.)
    and now,
  • about the basic differences between ISO, QS and TS
    and
  • about ISO 9001,9002 and 9003,
display a lack of basic research on your part and a general lack of effort to ferret out information the way we normally expect students to perform.

When you write, "one of my friend told me that now there is only one standard called 9001 for all the companies. Is it true?"
you should have first asked the "friend" where he got his information before running to someone else (a stranger) for confirmation or denial.

The first place you should have gone for a description of up-to-date information on ISO was its home page http://www.iso.org/iso/en/ISOOnline.openerpage
Then, after reading the information available from the prime source (ISO), you could have come here and asked for help in interpreting what you read.

Odds are one of the moderators will move this thread over to the student Forum as well - I think it belongs there.

If you interpret this thread as a "scold," you are correct, but do not interpret a "scold" to mean I or anyone else here in the Cove is mad at you. We want to help you become a good student. One of the best ways to become a good student is by learning how to do research, not asking someone else to GIVE you the answers.

Think of it as a variation of the morality story:
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for life."

"Few minds wear out; more rust out"
Inscribed over the entrance of Louis Pasteur School, Chicago
Christian Nestell Bovee (1820-1904) in Thoughts, Feelings and Fancies, 1857
Sponsored Links

Old 24th October 2004, 10:01 AM
Involved - Posts

Registration Date: Oct 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 44
peach has less than 100 Karma points so far.
THanks for the reply...
i will do the reasearch and will get back if i still have doubts .
anyway thanks once again

regarding posting here instead of student lounge..
that was a mistake sorry about that.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?