The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Essentials > Forum Software - How to Do Things in the Elsmar Forum --> Instructions
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
karma, reputation, reputation power

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 25th October 2004, 10:27 AM
Email Address Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Mar 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 4
Karma Power: 0
Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.
I Say... Karma - How to Give Karma (aka Reputation) and How to See Who Gave You Karma

How can you view your own karma,,, can you tell who leaves it?
I tried under the user CP, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!!

(byw, I tried a search, still couldn't find anything useful,)

Sponsored Links
Old 25th October 2004, 10:38 AM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: May 2000

Thanks Given to Others: 1,257
Karma Power: 400
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Thumbs up

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Teri

How can you view your own karma,,, can you tell who leaves it?
I tried under the user CP, but couldn't find it.
You did look in the right place, and yes, you can see who awarded it, and why (provided the awarder gave a reason, which is something I strongly advice everyone to do. If you do something good, it's nice to know what it was, right?).

Have another look under user CP, and let me know if you find it, ok?

/Claes

Hanlon's Razor.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
User Groups: Elsmar Cove Cycling Enthusiasts Formula 1 fanatics Photo freaks Readers Corner
Thanks to Claes Gefvenberg for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 25th October 2004, 10:41 AM
Email Address Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Mar 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 4
Karma Power: 0
Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.Teri - 2011 is appreciated, and has over 200 Karma points.
I found it!

What a way to make my Monday Morning!
(and the day before our 2nd TS surveillence audit)

Thanks again!
Old 19th January 2005, 09:05 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 8,817
Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,181 Posts
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
I Say... Details of Adding to Someone's Karma

For a bit more detail - In every post someone makes, up in the right corner there is a small group of symbols. First is the post number. Then you will see this symbol . Following that you will see a little computer - This is only for mods and admins.

Anyway, this is where the 'Add To Karma' button is located (and remember, the top of EVERY post has one):

When you press that button, this popup will appear:

You MUST give a reason. People very much like to know why someone gives them Karma.

After you click the Add to Karma button in the Karma popup, the popup window will auto-magically close and you will be back in the thread you were reading.

NOTE: Very, very seldom does someone give negative Karma. I don't recommend it as it's really not necessary here - I am looking at disabling it, actually. NOTE: 2005-04-25 Update: Giving 'Negative' Karma has been turned off for quite a while now so registered users no longer have that option. I did this because I don't see any need for it.

Now - If you really, really want to read the gory details including fights from the past when this forum was relatively 'wild and wooly' and all the other gory details, this is the definitive thread to read: Karma (Reputation), Chat Rooms and Some Other Contentious Chat

ALSO See: Karma - How do I get karma? How does Karma work?

This is the Karma Indicator 'Mod' used here as of 090713.

"This hack extends the existing reputation display system from just the light/dark green pips to green and golden pips, and then a series of bronze, silver and gold stars as the pips limit is reached.

The dark green pips are followed by light green pips, which are then followed by gold pips. When the limit these can display is reached, the (prefix) display of stars begins - starting with the bronze stars, then silver stars and finally gold Stars. If your reputation is zero then the neutral grey pip is displayed. Negative reputations are displayed in a similar manner using light and dark red pips and red stars - however, there is only one star level for negative reputation.

Each time you 'lap' the limit of the pips display, another star is added. The number of each star is limited by an ACP option (by default, 5 bronze = 1 silver, and 5 silver = 1 gold). The number and value of the pips in each group of pips is defined by six settings in the vboptions > reputation options. A line break can be inserted after the stars. The extended display system can be enabled/disabled in the options."

Last edited by Marc; 13th July 2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: See revision history - 090713a
Thank You to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 19th January 2005, 09:14 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
I Say... Seeing who gave you Karma

To see who gave you Karma, go to your User Control Panel (usually referred to as your UserCP)

You may have to scroll down a bit. You should see somethng like this:

Hope this helps!
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 24th April 2005, 11:58 PM
Quality Manager

Registration Date: Sep 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 502
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,898 Posts
Karma Power: 1165
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
What does the "thank you" box say?

I am curious - What does the "thank you" box say? Once we have selected a post to receive karma, we have an option to add a comment. Once adding the comment, a box flashes us which has the words [I think], "thank you ..."

The box flashes off too fast for me to read what it says. Is the text posted anywhere?

"Few minds wear out; more rust out"
Inscribed over the entrance of Louis Pasteur School, Chicago
Christian Nestell Bovee (1820-1904) in Thoughts, Feelings and Fancies, 1857
Old 25th April 2005, 12:21 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

I Say...

It's a 'transition' box with no timer - So it loads and moves on to the next screen very fast because that and the next part of the php script are not cpu intensive and don't require significant database calls. It says:

"Thanks for adding Karma to this user! May you be lucky enough to receive the same Karma back in turn!"

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Old 3rd October 2005, 03:07 PM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Feb 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 80
Karma Power: 221
D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to D.Scott
Question What's Up with Rep (Reputation - aka Karma) Power?

I guess I was away too long. What is Rep Power? Obviously it is something one should probably have because all the big guns have it. I know there is no corresponding Dem Power because Marc would surely have some of those. Thanks in advance for the briefing.

Dave

"Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time"

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Essentials > Forum Software - How to Do Things in the Elsmar Forum --> Instructions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?