7.1.3.5.2 External laboratory - CIPM MRA

jzuda

Registered
We have quite interesting issue with one of our costumers who use IATF 16949. Recently we did calibration of one of their items. However, my laboratory is not accredited by national body but falls under CIPM MRA. Customer said it is not enough for them because due to Sanctioned Interpretation 10 the laboratory shall be accredited to ISO 17025. Of course we follow 17025 and system of quality was approved several times on international quality forum. Even my laboratory was peer reviewed several times, last in 2019.

Now the question. Is CIPM MRA is enough for IATF 16949? I think it has to, but how to interpret it and explain it to the costumer.

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Well first off SI 10 does not say you must be accredited to 17025!

It says:
the laboratory shall be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 or its national equivalent
or — where an non-accredited laboratory is utilized, the organization is responsible to ensure that there is evidence that the laboratory has been evaluated and meets the requirements of Section 7.1.5.3.1 of IATF 16949.4

To your question: The CIPM Mutual Recognition Arrangement (CIPM MRA) is the framework through which National Metrology Institutes demonstrate the international equivalence of their measurement standards and the calibration and measurement certificates they issue.

If CIPM is determined to be the national equivalent, then you are meeting the requirement! PERIOD!

If CIPM 'assessment' determines that you are meeting the requirements of Section 7.1.5.3.1 of IATF 16949.4, then you are meeting the requirement! PERIOD!

jzuda

Registered
Well, how the customer would explain it to their audits? They already had non-conformity with CIPM calibration certificate because "the certificate of
calibration or test report shall include the mark of a national accreditation body."

Top Bottom