7.3.2 IATF - Motivation and empowerment of employee

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
I’ve always like the St. Crispin’s day speech by Henry V before the battle of Agincourt (Shakespeare). It is the “Band of Brothers” speech that exhorts the troops to battle with pride as they will be remembered and honored every year, their cause is noble and so are they. Of course they have a secret weapon - the long bow which the French refused to use (because it was a ‘peasant weapon) and a superior position in the field of battle.

AprilC

Registered
Hi everybody,
would you like to share your thoughts, experiences and interpretation how to meet clause 7.3.2 of IATF concerning with motivation and empowerment?
How can be designed a documented process to motivate all employees to reach quality objectives and all the other items referred in the clause ( awareness of the impact of quality, continual improvement, promotion of the awareness of quality and technology across all organization) ?
Is " documented" indented with a procedure or process map or are records enough? Shall this documented process characterized by KPI?
I created 5 multiple choice questions related to quality and awareness on a half piece of paper and every month the Quality Administrator would hand them out on the production floor and go back and pick them up, each question worth 20 points and I would report the average of all 5, no names on the quiz....my aim was 80% and if it went lower, training was in order.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
If I understand what you are saying this is mostly “morale” or even “Attitude” rather than motivation and certainly not empowerment. Also without knowing what the questions were I don’t understand hwo training would be appropriate if the score fell below 80%. Who was trained? What were they trained on? Can you enlighten us?

Top Bottom