AS9146 standard

Kyle.Ramson

Registered
As an AS9100 aerospace company am I am required to use AS9146 if it isn't required in AS9100 or if it's not in any of my customer flow down requirements?
If it is required regardless of customer requirements what was the mechanism that requires or references its use other than the statement within the AS9146 standard?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Any standard is of voluntary application. Unless a regulatory or statutory requirement mandates it. Obviously a customer requirement or flowdown would make it mandatory for the applicable programs as long as you want to keep doing business with that customer. So, the question that you asked here should be asked to whoever told you otherwise.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
As an AS9100 aerospace company am I am required to use AS9146 if it isn't required in AS9100 or if it's not in any of my customer flow down requirements?
If it is required regardless of customer requirements what was the mechanism that requires or references its use other than the statement within the AS9146 standard?
Nowhere does the AS9146 standard mandate its own use...it is optional unless your customer mandates it.

Top Bottom