Calibration Merry Go Round - Torque Wrenches and Testers

dgriffith

Quite Involved in Discussions
Wow, learning alot here. Problem is we have up to 600 ft-lb and they are at 5 different locations. I believe I'm going to have to bite the bullet and calibrate every quarter. Does anyone know of any labs that do in-house calibrations on torque wrenches?
Not sure what you mean here. In-house usually means the owning organization also calibrates their own tools.
An external vendor could come to your 'doorstep' at some interval to do them in situ (on location).
Six-hundred lbf.-ft. is no problem. Having them in 5 locations--does that mean in the same building, same campus, same city? Five torque testers is 10 grand, plus calibration every year. What is the cost of fastener failure, though?

AndyN

Moved On
Wow, learning alot here. Problem is we have up to 600 ft-lb and they are at 5 different locations. I believe I'm going to have to bite the bullet and calibrate every quarter. Does anyone know of any labs that do in-house calibrations on torque wrenches?

Noooooo

5 locations = 5 torque analyzers. If you have done the torque process analysis by "family", then this is sufficient and you can do the "check before use" or something, weekly/monthly until you have data to support making it less frequent. The analyzers can be done by having a lab-in-a-van come to you...

J

josephs6801

We own tools, employees own tools. We do our in-house calibrations but are on the look-out for a lab in a van so to speak. Torque Testers go to an outside lab.
5 different locaitons \ cities and buildings.

AndyN

Moved On
We own tools, employees own tools. We do our in-house calibrations but are on the look-out for a lab in a van so to speak. Torque Testers go to an outside lab.
5 different locaitons \ cities and buildings.

For clarification: You are looking to have the torque testers done by the lab-in-a-van?

Top Bottom