Choosing Inspection Level and AQL

B

beeker71

Hello,
My company is ISO9001 & AS9120 certified for distribution of aerospace parts, fasteners mostly. We are not manufacturers. I need to revamp our lot sampling to a "recognized statistical principle" - i.e. ASQ Z1.4. We buy & distribute both parts with the manufacturer c-of-c and also parts that have no mcc or test reports, since not all of our customers are aerospace.
Currently we do quick QC on certed parts (to confirm the parts match the packing list and our PO) and do thorough lot sampling on other parts to confirm they are within compliance of the applicable standard. Keep in mind that none of our customers currently flow down that we need to use a specific AQL#.
I have 2 questions in order to make sure I am on the right path:
1. When looking at Z1.4 Table 1, would it be appropriate to use S-1 inspection level for certed parts and maybe something tighter for the new surplus parts, like G-II?
2. Can different parts have a different AQL? e.g. bolts 0.065 and washers 10? Bolts are more critical and worth a 100% inspection if we have a reject. However we expect to have a few irregular washers. My thought is that if washers were on the same AQL we would end up having to do a 100% inspection of a 10,000 pc bag that is worth $100... and that isn't cost effective for us or the end-user.
p.s. For $230 ASQ Z1.4 should come with a talking gecko to explain the 80 different charts.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello,
My company is ISO9001 & AS9120 certified for distribution of aerospace parts, fasteners mostly. We are not manufacturers. I need to revamp our lot sampling to a "recognized statistical principle" - i.e. ASQ Z1.4. We buy & distribute both parts with the manufacturer c-of-c and also parts that have no mcc or test reports, since not all of our customers are aerospace.
Currently we do quick QC on certed parts (to confirm the parts match the packing list and our PO) and do thorough lot sampling on other parts to confirm they are within compliance of the applicable standard. Keep in mind that none of our customers currently flow down that we need to use a specific AQL#.
I have 2 questions in order to make sure I am on the right path:
1. When looking at Z1.4 Table 1, would it be appropriate to use S-1 inspection level for certed parts and maybe something tighter for the new surplus parts, like G-II?
2. Can different parts have a different AQL? e.g. bolts 0.065 and washers 10? Bolts are more critical and worth a 100% inspection if we have a reject. However we expect to have a few irregular washers. My thought is that if washers were on the same AQL we would end up having to do a 100% inspection of a 10,000 pc bag that is worth $100... and that isn't cost effective for us or the end-user.
p.s. For $230 ASQ Z1.4 should come with a talking gecko to explain the 80 different charts.

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help?

Thanks!!

Stijloor.

Top Bottom