DHF for drug products

Mr. E

Registered
Hello team,

I have a questions to which I have tried to search already without results. What is the equivalent in Pharmaceutical (drug products) for Design History File (DHF).

The closes I was able to find in regulation was 21CFR211.186 Master production and control records, but does not covers Design Files.

Thank you
Mr. E

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
We have addressed this scenario when dealing with DHF combination product ; and answer to that is
to map each of line item of the DHF content in two columns, one for the device itself ; and other for the drug product, at some phase or contents of DHF become common, viz., DT or DV.
i will try place it from perspective of typical ANDA, and the process should be established or evolved as we move away from ANDA perspective ( even if its labelling differences, patent non infringing designs, or new indications, or even improvements. etc )
  1. Design Plan - there is seldom a project plan beyond compliance or objective or reference listed drug reference, usually coming from the product development report. ( 32p2 )
  2. User Needs - QTPP
  3. Design Inputs - CQA
  4. Design Outputs - Control Strategy
  5. Risk Analysis, Including Hazard Identification - CMA & CPP assessment
  6. Human Factors Analysis - NA ( device reference is adequate )
  7. Design Verification, With Acceptance Criteria - scale up, pilot bio or bridging studies,
  8. Design Validation, With Acceptance Criteria - exhibit/submission batch validation reports
  9. Design Changes - Master production records
  10. Software Validation—If Applicable
  11. Design Reviews - Change control for moving into exhibit batch phase or validation phase.
  12. Design Transfer - scale up report.
hope this helps.

Top Bottom