Distribution of control plan to the relevant operator

zahra M

Registered
Which department in factory should be responsible for the distribution of Control Plans to the relevant operators? for some years our engineering department has the responsibility of deliver the newly revised control plan to the operators and take back the old version. but recently the new CEO says it should done by quality assurance team. which one should take the responsibility?

Randy

Super Moderator
Simple answer, whatever department the boss says!

It doesn't matter what I say, you say or everyone here says, on the decision maker can say how and what to do.

Who has the authority to make decisions that will stay in place, has the right to discharge whomever they desire for cause, and controls the money?

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
Control plan is not for operators.
It is source document for preparation of work and inspection instructions, used by operators.
Yes I've done it (CP on work station) 20 years ago, but I've learned, they (operators) deserve better documents (more detailed), than this one.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Simple answer, whatever department the boss says!

It doesn't matter what I say, you say or everyone here says, on the decision maker can say how and what to do.

Who has the authority to make decisions that will stay in place, has the right to discharge whomever they desire for cause, and controls the money?
Yes, whatever your organization quality manual states.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Control plan is not for operators.
It is source document for preparation of work and inspection instructions, used by operators.
Yes I've done it (CP on work station) 20 years ago, but I've learned, they (operators) deserve better documents (more detailed), than this one.
Yes, the control plans are completed by teams (not ideal for one person) and work instructions /standardized work is for the operator level.

Top Bottom