Food Processors and Blades - Weekend Discussion

Yes, go with the best. Get a Cuisinart food processor. I was lucky enough to actually find one at a thrift store for $20. It came with grating and slicing attachments. The only thing missing was the processing blade. Serendipitously, Cuisinart had a recall on their blades because of metal shards. I gave them the number of my unit, and they sent me a new blade for free. I've used that thing almost every day since the pandemic lockdown started.

I think you would love having one.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
When we finished redoing our kitchen, we had saved so much doing it ourselves that we bought the kitchen a present...a small set of Shun knives.
Rarely have any issue cutting anything...and if it doesn't cut a tomato easily, a quick swipe with a steel and it's like cutting butter again.

If you were considering $120 for a food processor, spend $120 on a perfect chef knife instead...a better choice IMO.
I use a Shun Ken Onion 10" chefs knife every single day...totally worth the $70 it cost...too bad it's discontinued.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Over the last 50 years, I've dealt with a lot of knives, my own and those belonging to others. I agree with Ninja that a top quality knife is a joy to work with, BUT it requires TLC to stay a joy. If you are going to spend big money on a knife, take the time to learn how to use and care for it properly. On the other hand, I have a stamped steel (not forged) 10-inch chef's knife that I bought for $5 at a restaurant supply house warehouse clearance that I have loved and used for 20 years because it is well balanced, hard enough to hold an edge, and can be used by visitors to my kitchen without causing me trepidation the way using my $100 Japanese sushi knife would.

Top Bottom