Hackers Scrape LinkedIn Member Profiles

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Just some more food for thought. I am sure you all have seen the commercials where a security company offers cameras so you can view your home when you are away via the web. During a recent meeting on of my peers has this option. I wonder how long before theives use this to determine when you are out or most vulnerable? Or could this be a tool used by modern day peeping toms?

I don't know if it is still true or if they fixed it, but years ago when you took a photo with your cell phone camera the digital image would contain extra information such as GPS location etc. If you knew how you could view any photo on facebook (or anywhere) and get this information. So if you took a picture of your cat doing something funny in front of the $10,000 piece of art then posted it up to facebook anyone who can view your page could get your address.

S

sebastien.d

It's only a theory when your wrong :lol:

Mr. Snowden proved it wasn't a conspiracy theory... in fact the true extent of NSA data collection goes far beyond what was imagined when this post was written.

in 2012 talking about gvmt taking ppls data was a conspiracy theory... today talking about the gvmt taking peoples profiles is showing clear lack of understanding of the true extent of data collection.

And yes, NSA is and was collecting image information from cameras from webcams and phones... even when powered off. So the tape served its purpose.

Back to topic... did anyone change their ISO to update data security from the Gov? Rather: should protecting client information from governments be included in our ISO standards, is the extra protection not worth the effort?

We surely want to protect our clients from hackers... but from the gov?

Top Bottom