HOW TO Self Study on IATF 16949:2016?

MagHarp

Registered
My company is not planning training for me on IATF 16949 (Manager being Silly), But they want to get output from me without training me. My manager going to represent auidt but it's me alone to prepare all from scratch. Basically I have only one option to prepare myself. I have the manual available with me along with all the CSRs. I created the matrix for CSRs alignment with IATF standard.

My question here is how I can prepare myself everyday before audit. Audit will going to be conducted on October,2023.
What plan should I follow to achieve this target in front of me.

That will be great achievement for me I can make it.

Thanks

anneliesehuss

Starting to get Involved
I am curious if your company is already IATF certified and what it is that you are expected to prepare for the audit. What "output" are they expecting? IATF standard also includes leadership and competence. if your top management isn't showing leadership in implementing the IATF standards to the QMS and making sure the people they place in the roles to manage it are competent, the audit will likely fail.

MagHarp

Registered
I am curious if your company is already IATF certified and what it is that you are expected to prepare for the audit. What "output" are they expecting? IATF standard also includes leadership and competence. if your top management isn't showing leadership in implementing the IATF standards to the QMS and making sure the people they place in the roles to manage it are competent, the audit will likely fail.
Hello,
My company is already certified, The thing is my manager going to lead the audit but all work is on me. so I wanted to learn a plan for how I can plan myself for IATF 16949. Most of the things are already in place. My problem here is to know the requirements. I can read the IATF manual and CSRs but after some days I totally forgetting things. I wanted to prepare myself on every clause so I can explain to the team members about the significance of the QMS.
As I know I am not getting any training, I have to learn these somehow to defend.

anneliesehuss

Starting to get Involved
Hello,
My company is already certified, The thing is my manager going to lead the audit but all work is on me. so I wanted to learn a plan for how I can plan myself for IATF 16949. Most of the things are already in place. My problem here is to know the requirements. I can read the IATF manual and CSRs but after some days I totally forgetting things. I wanted to prepare myself on every clause so I can explain to the team members about the significance of the QMS.
As I know I am not getting any training, I have to learn these somehow to defend.

If your company is already certified, then the QMS should already be prepared.
My suggestion, is to review any past nonconformances your company may have received, review the documentation and see what they did to fix it. Confirm that those items are in place and review the standard called out by the auditor. It is impossible to be perfect, you will never memorize all of the standards, but you can learn from your companies past failures.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
My company is not planning training for me on IATF 16949 (Manager being Silly), But they want to get output from me without training me. My manager going to represent auidt but it's me alone to prepare all from scratch. Basically I have only one option to prepare myself. I have the manual available with me along with all the CSRs. I created the matrix for CSRs alignment with IATF standard.

My question here is how I can prepare myself everyday before audit. Audit will going to be conducted on October,2023.
What plan should I follow to achieve this target in front of me.

That will be great achievement for me I can make it.

Thanks
My $.02. If you don't already have it, create a matrix between the standard and your QMS -- identify where in the QMS you handle each requirement. You'll learn a lot about the interaction between the two. And have a quick reference guide for the audit.

Second, their may be some cost effective on-line training, books, etc. you can take just to get the gist of the requirements. Search around.

Third, read the standard, then search the posts here. Tons of info. Good luck.

MagHarp

Registered
If your company is already certified, then the QMS should already be prepared.
My suggestion, is to review any past nonconformances your company may have received, review the documentation and see what they did to fix it. Confirm that those items are in place and review the standard called out by the auditor. It is impossible to be perfect, you will never memorize all of the standards, but you can learn from your companies past failures.
Yes, I do have past records. I should make note of all
My $.02. If you don't already have it, create a matrix between the standard and your QMS -- identify where in the QMS you handle each requirement. You'll learn a lot about the interaction between the two. And have a quick reference guide for the audit.

Second, their may be some cost effective on-line training, books, etc. you can take just to get the gist of the requirements. Search around.

Third, read the standard, then search the posts here. Tons of info. Good luck.
Thanks for adding more great practices to work on.

UncleFester

Involved In Discussions
My advice - read the standard - and don't forget that sanctioned interpretations may change the wording that's written in the A5 standard. Sign up to updates from www.iatfglobaloversight.org so you'll be kept up to date with any changes regarding sanctioned interpretations and frequently asked questions. Remember that IATF 16949:2016 needs to be applied in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015 so please make sure you read that too.

As already said, there is lots of useful information here in the forum - and if you use LinkedIn there is a useful IATF16949 group too.

Top Bottom