Registered
Good Morning Experts.

My company is having registration of the following:
ISO 9001:2015
ISO 14001:2015
ISO 45001:2018
API Q1
API Q2

I want to make one common format to conduct internal audit which covers all the clauses of integrated management system. As of now, internal audit is separately performing against each separate standards. It would be great if any expert can look into this and help me to create questionaries' or something like checklist to cover all requirements together.

Thanks & Regards.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good Morning Experts.

My company is having registration of the following:
ISO 9001:2015
ISO 14001:2015
ISO 45001:2018
API Q1
API Q2

I want to make one common format to conduct internal audit which covers all the clauses of integrated management system. As of now, internal audit is separately performing against each separate standards. It would be great if any expert can look into this and help me to create questionaries' or something like checklist to cover all requirements together.

Thanks & Regards.
Hello again Inshorts,

I stopped using checklists a long time ago, especially for integrated audits. I find it takes too long to read the questions when I should be observing the process. You are right in that so much is common in the requirements that different types of process controls can certainly be audited between QMS, EMS and OHSAS.

The method I ended up with is attached in the thread Internal Auditing to ISO 9001 - How to schedule/plan and perform an ISO audit. Post #30. When adding Safety clauses in later forms I used red font.

Some requirements are unique to 45001, such as employee consultation. I put that evidence in the Communications section.

This method requires thorough understanding of the standards, but not memorization. If you encounter something you are not sure of, refer to the standard(s) which we can now carry around on our smart phones.

I hope this helps.

Wolf.K

Quite Involved in Discussions
My former company once used a single audit checklist for all requirements, but actually it took more time to create this single list than doing the audits... Therefore, I alway used a checklist for each regulatory requirements, not only ISOs but also laws and else. As Jen already mentioned, it is important to understand the processes and check, that they are controlled and working correctly. Therefore, I always went over the checklists prior to my audits and just picked some parts for the audit interesting to me and the NB auditors. So far it worked well, but it was a small company and I was responsible for all processes... Therefore I knew all processes...

Top Bottom