Issue with supplier utilizing ISO 17025

TerryB

Registered
My question: is there a mechanism within the 17025 quality standard that allows a customer to kind of check thier process of providing a 3rd party certification?

We had three gages inspected and certified by our 3rd party source. They claimed that all three gages were out to lunch and sent them back to us. We reset them all back up and had zero issues. Supplier was asked to stop by and look at our findings. He didnt know what happened so after he left and all gages were sent back to him he sent this email: "Want to give you an update on the H-Point gage we had problems with. We found the issue that was causing the problem. When we put the job up last time one of the feet was hitting the table causing the warp. Thanks Terry for your help. We are moving forward now. Thanks guys."

So all three gages feet hit the table? Folks...This is the third occurance of going back and forth on gages they said were bad and then they end up being good after they come back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
I am not familiar with the specifics of ISO 17025 however, since I use a calibration lab that is ISO 17025, I get a copy of their certification AND verify the devices I want inspected are within the scope. As I understand it, ISO 17025 is not a catch all, but each specific type of device has to be within the scope.

Hope this helps.

John Predmore

Paraphrasing the golden rule, "Do unto suppliers what you would want your customer to do unto you."

ISO 17025 is a quality management system certification. Write a detailed customer complaint and mail it to their Quality Director. Ask for Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, and give a response deadline. See if you get an acceptable response. If not, raise it to the accreditation body.

Golfman25

Paraphrasing the golden rule, "Do unto suppliers what you would want your customer to do unto you."

ISO 17025 is a quality management system certification. Write a detailed customer complaint and mail it to their Quality Director. Ask for Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, and give a response deadline. See if you get an acceptable response. If not, raise it to the accreditation body.
I wouldn't want that done to me. :)

A simple call and conversation would be my preference.

Top Bottom