Moving complete Recommended Actions in FMEA

Vader22

Starting to get Involved
Does anyone know if there is a requirement to move "Completed" Recommended Actions from the far-right side of the FMEA to the left-hand side of the FMEA at all or at a specified frequency?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
There are no specific rules for moving them. You would want to be able to demonstrate your history of taking action but you could do this through a revision history or through other means.
For an existing FMEA, I left them on the far right-side unless they had been superseded by additional actions. When I created a new FMEA for a new/similar product they would be moved to the to the left-hand side as they are now the current situation.

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
in my practice we had a company internal rule - if your implemented actions becomes systematic controls - there is a logic to add them in the controls section in relevant template for demonstrating Lessons learnt accumulation and spreading. and use in future analysis as standard controls already.
For current analysis we were keep them in the right side for history and source purposes.

Top Bottom