Project Managers - Questions For You

lindseymaegort

Registered
I am a working Quality Systems professional in the Med. Device industry. I am currently finishing my degree in Quality Management. I need to conduct an interview with a project manager or APM. Would anyone who is currently or has recently been a project manager (PM or APM) please answer the questions below for me?

I would ask my colleagues, but I recently started a new job at the corporate/business unit level so I haven't met any of the site-level project managers yet.

1. Tell me a little bit about your schooling, training and professional work history.

2. What does a typical day as a project manager look like?

3. What do you like most about working in project management?

4. What is the most challenging aspect of managing a project?

5. In your opinion, what are the most important traits or skill sets a project manager should possess?

6. What advice would you give to someone beginning a career in project management?

7. Feel free to ask any additional questions you have.

8. As a Project Manager, what are your most impactful constraints? Budget, human capital, timeline, deliverables? How do you reconcile frequent demands while remaining on time and on budget?

9. As a Project Manager, what was your biggest career failure? What did you learn from it? What advice would you give a new PM in that situations? What would you have improved or sustained?

Thanks and much appreciated!

Lindsey

Top Bottom