Six Sigma Green belt certification - minitab analysis

Buldur

Registered
Hi guys,

I am very glad I have found this forum.

I have a problem, company asked me to make a Six Sigma Green belt certification, our company organized (too) simple online training which one short and not so much informative. I am not an expert in the field and my job is related to marketing and sales, certificate is required by the company though.

Recently I have finished project regarding changing packaging, materials used before for producing it will not be accepted in some countries, that’s why we decided to change it to polypropylene. I choose this project to be my GB project. Thing is, I just found out that in GB report it is required to use Minitab to present some of the data. I am totally not familiar with minitab application and how to use it to make analysis.

I have been wondering if you guys have any opinions about it.

I would be grateful for your support.

John Predmore

Trusted Information Resource
Minitab has been around for many years and is used at many companies. There are websites and videos which explain how Minitab is used to do particular statistical analyses. I find the Minitab support website is helpful. If you are starting with minimal experience and understanding, you might wish to begin with a book such as Minitab for Dummies; you can buy used or last year's textbook for very inexpensive. If you need more personal assistance, you may be able to find a tutor from the local college or ASQ chapter. Those are a few suggestions I have.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Minitab is a very good software package, but the are many others as well, some of which are free such as R or Python although these require coding and are not as user friendly. I would object strongly against the requirement to use Minitab specifically. If you can perform the appropriate analysis in Excel or R, or JMP, that should be sufficient. If there is no way around the Minitab requirement, you can download a free 30-day trial of Minitab, but you would have to time the download carefully.

Top Bottom