The 'Best of the Best' Process Map Format

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes, like most professional graphic programs.
There are trials you can get. Mine was for a week.
But, Visio is better for this. Not all Visio files are editable in Smartdraw.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
do you have to pay for smartdraw?

Yes, it is not free.

It has changed a lot over the years. It used to be relatively cheap but I don't think it is any more. Back when I bought it, it was something like US$99 and came with literally thousands of templates. It integrated with all Office documents and lots of things (I assume it still does), but I don't know if it ever was capable of editing (or even opening) Visio documents.

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes, it is not free.

It has changed a lot over the years. It used to be relatively cheap but I don't think it is any more. Back when I bought it, it was something like US$99 and came with literally thousands of templates. It integrated with all Office documents and lots of things (I assume it still does), but I don't know if it ever was capable of editing (or even opening) Visio documents.

It will open Visio and convert them over to Smartdraw. Limited editing. Shapes can be moved but you can't get back inside of text boxes to edit.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It will open Visio and convert them over to Smartdraw. Limited editing. Shapes can be moved but you can't get back inside of text boxes to edit.

Thanks for the clarification. This is not surprising as both are proprietary formats.

Top Bottom