The CQI competency framework (UK)

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
I've been looking at the CQI competency framework with a view to self assessing where I'm at in my chosen career. Due to on the job experience based training instead of external courses I've probably got an issue with evidence. So I'm looking at the framework and trying to work out where I'm at and where my gaps are. How do you determine which tier you are at for each competency listed?

As a background, I joined as an associate in February to get myself onto the CQI members area to develop my knowledge and career. Until I know where I am in the framework I didn't see the point in trying to join at a higher grade. I think I should be at the practitioner level but for not having any recognised training records. I've done a fair bit of self learning on the job and other sources. No idea how to prove that though.

So I was wondering how the CQI look at your competency against the framework for regrading purposes. How do they decide you're at tier 1, 2 , 3 or 4? Some competencies I think I could be 3 but no idea how to prove it.

Dazzur

Involved In Discussions
I don't have the answer but I've looked into joining CQI - is it worth it?

And do you actually have to 'prove' your knowledge to progress?

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
I've found some interesting information in the members section and there are some CPD related content that is free to members of all levels. One I looked at doing before membership for a charge I ended up finding it was free after I joined when I finally got round to doing it.

No idea really if it's worth it but I think I'll stay a member next year too.

I think if you want to regrade your membership level certain ones have a review of your evidence. I know with engineering institutes a full member has a review panel to become a full member with chartered status. I think CQI has that to become a fellow with the lower full membership and chartered status not requiring a physical panel interview like in engineering fields. I think you still need evidence for member and probably the practitioner grade too. Although I'm no expert on that.

Top Bottom