This international consultant thing sure is a ride!

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Those who are plenty at home wish to be away, and those away wish to be home.

The real lottery win is understanding there is no lottery win in life, but being content with what you have.

G

gbcqc

Jennifer,

Thanks for this post. It is amazing how thing work out. I had read this last week and just this weekend I got a call from a former boss about a SQE job. After 20yrs. of traveling, I came off the road about 5 years ago and have only flew a few times (to China to visit) since then. This made it so easy to thank him for the offer and turn it down. It was a major reminder of why I changed jobs to get off the road.

Thanks again,

Greg

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Those who are plenty at home wish to be away, and those away wish to be home.

The real lottery win is understanding there is no lottery win in life, but being content with what you have.
True statement. And at my last job I was bored, being situated next to the airport I often watched planes taking off and wished I could go somewhere. Now I'm giong places, oh yes.

But I want to stress this trip, while trying, had its benefits. My client got their recommendation for Responsible Care, which means a lot to them. And my audit time with them was enjoyable. Additionally, I watched as the Lead exercised Gumby-like flexibility in scheduling and the back-and-forth between the heads of these two competing partners as we worked through what was possible and the minimum line for requirements which could not be compromised.

After a number of years I'll probably be starting up services such as auditor training and all this is good experence. And certainly I'm wiser. Overall I view it as a net positive.

Big Jim

Admin
Good for you!

One of life's hardest lessons is that the greatest growth often comes from the most trying situations. Don't be afraid to learn to walk to the edge of the light (your known knowledge and talents) and poke around a bit to expand your knowledge and talents.

Top Bottom