Is Positive Recall applicable in ISO 9000:2000?

V

venkat

In ISO 9000:1994 there was a provision for positive recall ( I think in clause 4.10.3.2)

I would like to know whether this is applicable in ISO 9000:2000

Can I have the views of others please

E

energy

Venkat

I'm not sure about the term "positive recall" but Q9001:2000 states in 8.3 Control of Nonconforming Product the following: When nonconforming product is detected after delivery or use has started, the organization shall take action appropriate to the effects, or potential effects, of the nonconformity." Hope this helps.

energy

[This message has been edited by energy (edited 07 June 2001).]

V

venkat

This pertains to customer supplied product which is taken up for processing eg.raw material. This need to be tested before processing. In case of positive recall this cane be taken up for processing and positively identified in case if it does not conform to the requirements. As of now I am not sure of the ISO 9000:1994 clause which uses the word "positive recall". I shall check and post it later

Comments from others please

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
I'm presuming that Positive Recall = Positive identification in case of recall.

ISO 9001:1994 4.10.2.3 "Where incoming product is released for urgent production purposes prior to verification, it shall be positively identified and recorded in order to permit immediate recall and replacement in the event of nonconformity to specified requirements."

Per the matrix in Q9001-2000 (Table B.1) the applicable clause is now 8.2.4; which does not have the same requirement. Other clause areas that apply to 1994 4.10 element are 7.1, 7.4.3, 7.5.1, and 8.2.3 (this from matrix provided in "ISO 9000:2000 In a Nutshell" by Jeanne Ketola and Kathy Roberts).

[This message has been edited by E Wall (edited 13 June 2001).]

Top Bottom