Findings vs. Major/Minor Nonconformance

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Can you point out the relevant section(s) and perhaps quote them? This a long document and I fell asleep after the first two pages.

Also as a note this is IATF and the OP posted in general quality/auditing. They have not specified which standard they are regulated by.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
Can you point out the relevant section(s) and perhaps quote them? This a long document and I fell asleep after the first two pages.

Also as a note this is IATF and the OP posted in general quality/auditing. They have not specified which standard they are regulated by.
It's wordy. But basically audit findings are everything both good and bad in the first sentence. Then it talks about nonconformities and the new changes to comply with the IATF CARA tool.
It's SI number 12, Audit Findings 5.9, on the left side. Scroll down until you see 12.

I realize the OP didn't specify which QMS so thought it may be helpful to show this seeing it actually uses the word "findings".

I agree Sydney, IATF is far from perfect.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I agree Sydney, IATF is far from perfect.
And they fume :blowup:when their mistakes are exposed here, as they are long time voyeurs who prefer not to become public.

Their biggest policy mistake, BY FAR, was the decision to make it mandatory for CB auditors to include in the scope of the IATF 16949 audits all auto customers, irrespective if the registrants customers subscribe or not to the IATF scheme. Stupid decision. Unless, of course, there is a more nefarious motive, such as gaining access to Toyota components lines during witnessed audits.

Richdewtan

Registered
Yes, it was a crackerjack box auditor that mentioned it to me. And in my 25+ years I never heard such a thing. Yet in the spirit of doing my due diligence I had to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks for all the inputs. @Sidney Vianna, @roadhouse and others.

Richdewtan

Registered

Randy

Super Moderator
Yes, it was a crackerjack box auditor that mentioned it to me.
As I guessed. I kinda got slammed and reported for the comment, but our industry seems to be getting flooded with "Shake & Bakes" that make garbage up.

I'm plain spoken in real life as I am here, as some here can attest to. One problem in relations and especially in this climate is a very distinct lack of straightforward speaking leaving everything to be touchy-feely gushing with sweetness and lacking honesty. I used to arrest folks and toss them in the jug, tell parents their kids were hoodlums and bust hookers for being too good at their occupation.........You can't do that and be lovey-dovey all the time, occasionally one has to be tough and critical. Prior to those years that started 50+ years ago I was a Marine Grunt....another occupation that wasn't real touchy-feely, that was 55+ years ago. So I hope I didn't upset you any, that wasn't my intent. I get pretty frustrated when I hear that a representative of my present occupational group went "out of bounds". (I even arrested a couple other cops in my earlier career, I cut no slack).

Good luck and keep coming here.

Top Bottom