Slide 12 of 250
Analysis vs. Action
The �disciplines� which make up the 8-D process are divided into Analysis and Action steps.
- D2 Problem Description Analysis - A method to organize information about the Symptom into a Problem Description through the use of repeated WHYs.
- D4 Root Cause Analysis - A process to arrive at Root cause paths.
- D3 Containment - An interim Verified action that will prevent the Symptom from reaching the customer.
- D5 Choose Corrective Action - The best corrective action which, when implemented in D6, permanently eliminates the Root Cause of the problem.
- D6 Implement Corrective Action - The best corrective action from D5 that is introduced into the process and Validated over time.
- D7 System Preventive Action - Actions which address the system that allowed the problem to occur.