Slide 98 of 250
Describe the Problem - 5W-2H
Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, How Many
- What is the extent of the problem?
- Has the problem been increasing, decreasing or remaining constant?
- Is the process stable?
- What indicators are available to quantify the problem?
- Can you determine the severity of the problem? Can you determine the various �costs� of the problem? Can you express the cost in percentages, dollars, pieces, etc.?
- Do we have the physical evidence on the problem in hand?
- Have all sources of problem indicators been identified and are they being utilized?
- Have failed parts been analyzed in detail?