Slide 159 of 250
Analyze Potential Causes
Use the iterative process to analyze each potential cause.
- Hypothesis generation: How does the potential cause result in the problem?
- Design: What type of data can most easily prove/disprove the hypothesis?
- Preparation: Obtain materials and prepare a check list.
- Data Collection: Collect the data.
- Analysis: Use simple, graphical methods to display data.
- Interpretation: Is the hypothesis true?
Investigate several potential causes independently.
Use an action plan to manage the analysis process for each potential cause being studied.
Clearly state root cause(s) and identify data which suggests a conclusion.
Verify root cause factors are present in the product and/or process.
Conduct with / without study to verify root cause. Can you generate the problem?
Analyze Potential Causes - Validate Root Cause