Slide 87 of 161
What is a Machinery FMEA?
- A Machinery Failure Mode and Effects Analysis is a standardized technique for evaluating equipment and tooling during its design phase to improve the operator safety, reliability and robustness of the machinery.
What are the Purposes of a Machinery FMEA?
- To identify potential failure modes
- To identify effects of the failure mode
- To rate the severity of each effect
- To determine the potential causes of the failure starting with the highest severity rating
- To identify robust designs or controls that will prevent the failure from occurring
- To identify corrective actions required to prevent, mitigate, or improve the likelihood of detecting failures early
- To establish a priority for design improvement actions
FMEA and Control Plans Forum Discussions