Slide 96 of 161
Potential MFMEA Failure Modes
Review historical and surrogate Machinery FMEAs, test reports, warranty data, field maintenance logs, field service reports, and other applicable documents. Identify known design failure modes.
Brainstorm potential failure modes by asking:
- In what way can this subsystem fail to perform its intended function?
- What can go wrong although the subsystem is manufactured/assembled to print?
- If the subsystem function were tested, how would its failure mode be recognized?
- How will the environment contribute to or cause a failure?
- In the application of the subsystem, how will it interact with other subsystems?
FMEA and Control Plans Forum Discussions