The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
FDA Compliant Quality System for Virtual Manufacturing (IVD Medical Device)?
Please read this thread...
Software update
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
contract manufacturing, fda requirements, ivd (in vitro diagnostic) devices and reagens, quality systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 8th January 2014, 09:14 PM
jewel1130

Total Posts: 3
Question FDA Compliant Quality System for Virtual Manufacturing (IVD Medical Device)?

Hi all, I'm hoping you will have some ideas about this...

I'm setting up a quality system for a small company in the USA that is working on development of their first in vitro diagnostic device (instrument, reagents, software) with plans to market in Europe and the USA.

In this situation, we will be the primary developers and the legal manufacturer of the device, but we have no plans to actually manufacture any components at our company. All manufacturing of the instrument, reagents, consumables and software is being done by contract manufacturers under our control.

My question is, when setting up our required quality system docs/SOPs for this type of situation, would you implement corporate procedures like design controls, CAPA, trianing, complaint handling, etc but "skip" any procedures that don't apply to us because they are really manufacturing-type proceudres (for example, line clearance, product status tagging, incoming inspection, warehousing, etc) and just mention how you evaluate/select/monitor the suppliers? Or would you put some sort of a procedure in place that briefly mentions these topics and points to the CMOs? (I hope that make sense). Also, would you describe which activities are being specifically performed by CMOs in the quality manual?

Thanks!

Julie

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 9th January 2014, 09:42 AM
Stijloor

Total Posts: 15,339
Re: FDA Compliant Quality System for Virtual Manufacturing (IVD Medical Device)?

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help Julie?

Thank you very much!!
  Post Number #3  
Old 9th January 2014, 11:52 AM
SpartanBio

Total Posts: 26
Re: FDA Compliant Quality System for Virtual Manufacturing (IVD Medical Device)?

I have seen both done. I think that you need to do what works for both you as a company and the contract manufacturer. One company I did some contract work for actually wrote all the manufacturing procedures and provided them to the contract manufacturer that way they had control over the process and understood and new what was suppose to be happening at all times. If you have hired the contract manufacturer one can only hope that you have audited them and reviewed their Quality Manual and feel comfortable that they can provide you with what you need on a consistent basis. I hope this helps a little.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > > >