The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Single Post View

Old 13th February 2018, 06:58 PM
mlee97

Total Posts: 32
Re: Producing IATF 16949 compliant calibration certificates

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Golfman25 View Post

I wouldn't think that your provider would allow you to "use their name" to issue certificates. From your customers perspective, I think you would still have to meet 7.1.5.3.1 -- such as competency of personnel to place the wrench on the test unit. It's a grey area and will depend on what your customer needs. Realize this is probably driven by someone getting ready for an audit, or maybe in an audit, who realizes your cert doesn't have the magic 17025 on it. At the end of the day, it might be easier for them to send it out to an accredited lab for calibration.
The calibration provider would have to like it or they would cease getting paid of course. We would have no use for them if they refused to provide a useful service. Our requirements that the system provider pass their MSA using our personnel loading should cover the placing of the wrench on the unit fixture. Again, I don't see how having an on-site calibration provider makes any difference to having the wrench sent out to them for calibration. Why would the physical location of the service matter in any way and how would the IATF separate the two? Why do you insist that physical location at the time of calibration matters?

Remember, the calibration equipment provider and calibration company are one and the same and they are under contract to provide a TS worthy (before IATF change) calibration certificate as I understand it.

Last edited by mlee97; 14th February 2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: skipped word & added line

Sponsored Links

The time now is 12:01 AM. All times are GMT -4.
Your time zone can be changed in your UserCP --> Options.

Misc. Internal Links

NOTE: This forum uses "Cookies"