The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Please read this thread...
Software update
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Single Post View

Old 13th June 2018, 06:58 AM
nickie

Total Posts: 13
Please Help! Own brand labelling/virtual manufacture of IVD's

Hello,
I would like some clarification please on what constitutes being " the manufacturer" of a self test IVD under the EU regulations. My company is currently negotiating the purchase of another small company (A) who assemble self test IVD's and distribute them under their own brand name but naming the OEM (B) on the packaging as the manufacturer and the packaging has the words "distributed by" (A) on it. Company A has ISO 13485. My belief is that company A is "the manufacturer" of these products and should hold the CE mark as they are assembling and selling them as their own brand but they argue that as the OEM is clearly stated on the box as the manufacturer and they just put "distributed by" them then they are not liable for the CE marking. It is my belief that the CE mark purely applies to the IVD device, not the test kit itself. They say audits of their ISO13485 system have not flagged up concerns about this.Because of confidentially issues I cannot at present approach the OEM for clarification. I would really appreciate advice please. Thank you.

PS I appear to have somehow posted this under the China regulations forum by mistake but am not sure how to correct this error and post under the EU regulations heading, sorry.

Last edited by nickie; 13th June 2018 at 07:21 AM.

Sponsored Links

The time now is 08:20 PM. All times are GMT -4.
Your time zone can be changed in your UserCP --> Options.

Misc. Internal Links

NOTE: This forum uses "Cookies"