The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

AS9100C Risk Management Procedure Example - Page 14

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
flowcharts, procedure examples, as9100 - aerospace quality management systems, 7.1.2 - acceptance criteria (ts 16949), procedures (general), risk management and analysis

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #105  
Old 4th December 2013, 09:37 PM
m.andito

Total Posts: n/a
Re: AS9100C Risk Management Procedure Example

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jimtop View Post

]Hello, I am also somewhat new to AS9100. Our customers have required us to upgrade from ISO 9001:2008. We are a small company 6 people. Any help with risk assessment procedure or flow chart would be appreciated. We do assembly no design.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Big Jim View Post

ISO 9001:2008 does not have a requirement for addressing risk. AS9011C does.
@BigJim: I think, Jimtop will upgrade from ISO 9001:2008 to AS9100. That's why his company need risk assessment

@Jimtop: Regarding AS9100 procedures, you can search it in google with keyword risk assessment procedures.

www(dot)dit(dot)ie/media/healthandsafety/documents/Risk%20Assessment%20Procedure.pdf
www(dot)hse(dot)gov(dot)uk/pubns/indg163.pdf
www(dot)docstoc(dot)com/docs/9078239/PROCEDURE-ON-COMPETION-OF-RISK-ASSESSMENT-FORMS

change (dot) with .

or any other web address that have risk assessment on it.

Based on our experience, the auditor will ask:
1. Show me your procedure
2. When you have a client, do you create risk assessment for each? (plus few question: when you have supplier, do you create risk assessment for them? Risk at assembly-disassembly process; man power capacity, overtime work, light, noise, etc)
3. How to mitigate the risk?
4. How do you know that your risk assessment is effective?

Oh yeah, and we still have a concern (not NCR) regarding: how you make sure that your risk assessment is effective. We shall fix that one

*sorry for my bad English -not native speaker-
I hope you understand
Thanks to for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #106  
Old 4th December 2013, 10:18 PM
Jimtop

We are now ISO 9001:2008. Upgrading to AS9100.
  Post Number #107  
Old 29th January 2014, 12:08 PM
rreplayy

Re: AS9100C Risk Management Procedure Example wanted

Hello, Could you help me, as9100 Risk Assesment problem,
I am really in bad situation because of our audit?
Can anyone send me an extra as9100 document?
I appreciate for your help.
  Post Number #108  
Old 29th January 2014, 12:29 PM
Doug

Total Posts: 87
Re: AS9100C Risk Management Procedure Example wanted

If your QMS is mature, you should have a good idea of the risk associated with various process/activities within your organization. A good example is OTD, on-time delivery, which you should already be tracking.

I use a simplified PFMEA to assess each of my risk. What failure modes effect on-time delivery? They could be material arriving late from a customer, bad weather, an inaccurate sales quote, process capability failure, etc. Then I create an action plan for those risk that are within my power to mitigate. Thse items then need to be tracked for compliance to my action plan.

Best of luck,
Doug
  Post Number #109  
Old 10th February 2014, 06:42 PM
Buckyb

Total Posts: 79

The concern for needing a procedure is not required by AS9100C. Currently only six procedures are required for compliance: control of documents; records; internal audit; control of nonconforming product; corrective and preventive action. The Standard states that risk is a "process" under 7.1 and that "the organization shall establish, implement and maintain a process". How the process is managed is up to the organization as long as 7.1.2 is satisfied as well as the requirements in 7.2.2e.
  Post Number #110  
Old 18th February 2014, 02:40 AM
Mike_H

Total Posts: 76

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Buckyb View Post

The concern for needing a procedure is not required by AS9100C. Currently only six procedures are required for compliance: control of documents; records; internal audit; control of nonconforming product; corrective and preventive action. The Standard states that risk is a "process" under 7.1 and that "the organization shall establish, implement and maintain a process". How the process is managed is up to the organization as long as 7.1.2 is satisfied as well as the requirements in 7.2.2e.
I agree 100%, but often *procedure* gets confused with *process* in questioning, lost in the translation possibly. When that happens, I'm guessing people want to read through the documented process (aka procedure) to help visualize it somewhat.

If you can demonstrate you are able to consistently meet all requirements with your undocumented process that runs like clockwork and everyone understands ---> no procedure.
If you want to establish more control because you think it's of benefit and there are indications people are departing from it, or some confusion over the tools to use etc...(if you're "herding cats") ---> document your process and whether you call it a procedure of simply your flowchart that's your call.

Last edited by Mike_H; 18th February 2014 at 02:56 AM.
Thanks to Mike_H for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #111  
Old 18th February 2014, 04:00 AM
John Broomfield

Total Posts: 2,660
Lightbulb Re: AS9100C Risk Management Procedure Example

Mike,

You are talking about an undocumented procedure.

Process is the work and procedure is the specified way of carrying out the work.

Procedures may or may not be documented.

Many of us may know what you mean by "undocumented process" but this term further confuses those who are trying to understand the difference between processes and their procedures.

John
  Post Number #112  
Old 18th February 2014, 10:30 AM
Buckyb

Total Posts: 79

I pointed out my comments above because Purchasing is audited annually under AS9104/1 and some might think a "procedure" is required. Again, it is up to the organization to demonstrate the effectiveness of the process. Certainly procedures (or Work Instructions) can specify how the process is carried out but ensure your process provides "evidence" of success. Otherwise, defending such a process may leave you in the cold.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >