AS9110 Re-Certification & Transition Audit
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
as9110 - aerospace maintenance quality systems, transition audits

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 14th November 2017, 12:55 PM
darkopsghost

Total Posts: 14
Thank You! AS9110 Re-Certification & Transition Audit

Just concluded our first Re-certification Audit which was also our Transition Audit from AS9110B to AS9110C last week.

I was already brain dead from a revision to our EASA MAG earlier in the year and the full blown DOD DCMA Non-FAA audit of AS9110B, which was a 6 day audit, plus the fact that I wear 2 hats here and have other duties I must conduct daily.

With Rev. C being from what I could tell, it was a game of 52 Card Pick-up with the re-numbering and the only thing I really saw as an addition was an abundance of redundancy and addressing things which we already cover due to our FAA/ EASA requirements.

I did have the questions that everyone else has had concerning the Context of the Organization and Interested Parties and what they really wanted.

With a little time reading on the Cove, I sat down and completed the re-write by myself minus any outside help. There are some very good ideas out there and some could be slightly modified to fit us and our organization.

I came out of the audit with only 1 finding, a minor, and it's on documentation, so I am ELATED to say the least!

I also just got word from my DPD MBD audit which was completed yesterday with no findings in it either. That's 6 major audits in the last 3 years with only 1 finding.

I want to thank all of those who that helped me understand the changes whether they know it or not and I want to thank the Cove for being here as a VERY VALUABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION as always!
Thank You to darkopsghost for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >