The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Raw Material chemical/Tensile Requirements Specifications (QQ-A-250/4, etc)

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
raw materials, specifications (general term), standards (e.g. iso mdd ansi etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 7th August 2018, 11:34 AM
doctall41

Total Posts: 30
Question Raw Material chemical/Tensile Requirements Specifications (QQ-A-250/4, etc)

When I receive raw material (aluminum, steel, etc) and verify the actual properties to the specification (QQ-A-250/4, etc) I have to have the actual specification, in the latest revision. Is there a place or a service that provides the chemical/tensile requirements for raw material such as this? Or am I better off purchasing all of the specifications and then all the revisions when they come up?

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 7th August 2018, 12:24 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,369
Re: Raw Material chemical/Tensile Requirements Specifications (QQ-A-250/4, etc)

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by doctall41 View Post

When I receive raw material (aluminum, steel, etc) and verify the actual properties to the specification (QQ-A-250/4, etc) I have to have the actual specification, in the latest revision. Is there a place or a service that provides the chemical/tensile requirements for raw material such as this? Or am I better off purchasing all of the specifications and then all the revisions when they come up?
If you call your supplier and ask them for the information, they usually provide it you.

and if you are nice the customer will also provide that information.

in addition, do a seach for the material and

finally, get a copy oforiginal specs at - http://quicksearch.dla.mil/qsDocDeta...t_number=50871.

The technical information does not change...
  Post Number #3  
Old 7th August 2018, 12:43 PM
doctall41

Total Posts: 30

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by dsanabria View Post

finally, get a copy oforiginal specs at - ASSIST-QuickSearch Document Details.

The technical information does not change...
As an auditor, if you saw me using Rev. G of a Specification to review and accept a product, but the latest Revision was Rev. J, would you accept that or would that be a finding?

I appreciate the input, and will take your response and look into it.
Thank you!
  Post Number #4  
Old 7th August 2018, 12:49 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,369

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by doctall41 View Post

As an auditor, if you saw me using Rev. G of a Specification to review and accept a product, but the latest Revision was Rev. J, would you accept that or would that be a finding?

I appreciate the input, and will take your response and look into it.
Thank you!
If the customer wanted it to be done a specific Rev - yes, it would be a finding.

So go that customer and let them know that you have the technical information to verify requiremnt but need a copy of the actual spec on the contract.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >