Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Supplier PPAP questions for CPK

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
ppap (production part approval process)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 24th April 2013, 11:07 PM
donaokka

Total Posts: 27
Please Help! Supplier PPAP questions for CPK

Dear All:
Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirnm the process is stable or not?
And also we will ask to check the similar structure to check it.

But now, supplier gave the feedback to me: they cannt have too much time and manpower to do. becasue we have 2000items in supplier side. more than 70% itmes have open PO.

After discussed with supplier side, we only have basic agreement: supplier should have plan to monitoring process, but they only select a few of itmes that they have representative structure OR issue to be done.

So, i donnt know how to do when you meet same question, could you share your idea to me?

Thanks you at frist.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 26th April 2013, 12:28 AM
Stijloor

Total Posts: 15,335
Re: Supplier PPAP questions for CPK

A Quick Bump!

Can someone help?

Thank you very much!!
  Post Number #3  
Old 26th April 2013, 11:34 AM
Kales Veggie

Total Posts: 1,017

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by donaokka View Post

Dear All:
Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirnm the process is stable or not?
And also we will ask to check the similar structure to check it.

But now, supplier gave the feedback to me: they cannt have too much time and manpower to do. becasue we have 2000items in supplier side. more than 70% itmes have open PO.

After discussed with supplier side, we only have basic agreement: supplier should have plan to monitoring process, but they only select a few of itmes that they have representative structure OR issue to be done.

So, i donnt know how to do when you meet same question, could you share your idea to me?

Thanks you at frist.
Your supplier has a resource problem. They cannot handle the work.

Your company has overloaded the supplier.

Short term solution: 100% inspection for selected characteristics, until Cpk information can be determined and analyzed.
  Post Number #4  
Old 26th April 2013, 10:36 PM
donaokka

Dear veggie:
Thansk for your replying.
But the manpower is limited, but for custoemr( my means is not only for one customer for supplier), if this customer need supplier to run CPk for their parts, all of customer need to do, supplier how to do ?

a-promise every customer to run every part's cpk?
b-find the similar process and similar structure parts to run CPK. but will not do for all of parts.
c-After PPAP, only do for complained OR found deviation. if no happen, will not do.

So, could you share your similar experience with me? when your supplier OR your work happen similar issues, how to do by you OR your company OR your supplier?
Thanks.
c-
  Post Number #5  
Old 29th April 2013, 09:29 AM
bobdoering

Total Posts: 4,090

Quote:

Dear veggie:
Thansk for your replying.
But the manpower is limited, but for custoemr( my means is not only for one customer for supplier), if this customer need supplier to run CPk for their parts, all of customer need to do, supplier how to do ?

a-promise every customer to run every part's cpk?
b-find the similar process and similar structure parts to run CPK. but will not do for all of parts.
c-After PPAP, only do for complained OR found deviation. if no happen, will not do.

So, could you share your similar experience with me? when your supplier OR your work happen similar issues, how to do by you OR your company OR your supplier?
Thanks.
c-
You need to focus on the items and characteristics that are the problem. Otherwise both you and the supplier are going to be buried in data with little value to the decision making process. Not only that, are you even sure Cpk is applicable to the characteristics in question? If it isn't, you may be asking them to do something worng - and waste everybody's time. Cpk is not the universal tool that you can rubber stamp to every situation....yet people do...
  Post Number #6  
Old 29th April 2013, 10:25 AM
donaokka

yes, your words is right, the CPK is not
universal tool.

After discussed with supplier, i asked them to make plan that should contain all of complained dim in last year to make CPK.

Till now, i and our team this is good action.

But i am not sure what's good suggestion that is from others?

Thanks.
  Post Number #7  
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:48 AM
bobdoering

Total Posts: 4,090

One other point I missed:

Quote:

Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirm the process is stable or not?

The last thing on the face of the earth that measures stability is Cpk. It is the smallest of snapshots of a process with virtually no detail to support that singular piece of data. Correctly implemented control charting gives the view of stability.
Thanks to bobdoering for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >