The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 9th April 2008, 11:37 AM
MysterHK

Total Posts: 63
Listen To Me! Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!

We, here on the Cove, come from such diverse manufacturing/service disciplines and I thought maybe this might be a good opportunity for everyone to show us some of the things that we make/do from our respective employers.

Here are a few samples from mine:
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-machineshop-030a-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-machineshop-033a-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-machineshop-038a-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-machineshop-039a-jpg  

Last edited by MysterHK; 9th April 2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Fixing sentence structure.
Thanks to MysterHK for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 9th April 2008, 11:59 AM
Manix

Total Posts: 565
Re: Show and Tell

Thanks for sharing, some interesting parts there. I would love to, but I think it is probably more than my jobs worth to post pictures here! I have attached a generic picture that I have just randomly selected from those available. It is actually an animated gif but not sure if it will animate in every one's browser.

We also do interior automotive trim and other audio peripherals.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-speaker-animation-gif  
Thanks to Manix for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 9th April 2008, 12:14 PM
Steve Prevette

Total Posts: 2,515

We don't necessarily make things - we take them apart and clean them up.

http://www.fluorhanford.net/p_gallery.html
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-pfp-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-kbasin-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-drums-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-d_d-jpg  
Thanks to Steve Prevette for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 9th April 2008, 12:41 PM
KWalls - 2008

Total Posts: 101
Look! Re: Show and Tell

Here are a few of the pieces we produce.

The first is called an Optical Bench (17-4 Stainless Steel 21 operations, mirror mount. Tolerances of .0002 for angularity and .0004 for position.) Size: 1.5" x 3" x 7"

The second is a Bracket Pulley (slat) (7075 Aluminum substitute part to replace a casting that is no longer available. Made from solid. 8 operations to complete.) Size: 12" x 12" x 4"

The third is a Beam for the Aft Parachute Mount (Made from 7075 Aluminum, machined complete in 2 rough and 2 finish operations with .050 +/- .005 floors used to mount parachutes for a resusable rocket program.) Size: 9" x 56" x 3"
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-optical-bench-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-bracket-pulley-slat-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-beam-aft-parachute-mount-jpg  
Thanks to KWalls - 2008 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 9th April 2008, 12:54 PM
Geoff Withnell

Total Posts: 341

Since I'm a consultant, we don't make things, we try to straighten out the mess, as shown below. Grin!
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-before2-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-after1-jpg   Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!-after2-jpg  
Thank You to Geoff Withnell for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 9th April 2008, 02:02 PM
Craig H.

Total Posts: 2,048

I guess I could show a pile of white powdered clay, but I don't think that would make much sense to most folks. If I was to show pictures of the things that contain our clay I could show pictures of plastics, paint, and such.

For folks in the U.S., I think it is safe to say that at some point you have used a product containing our clay. Do you drive a car, for instance? Have paint in/on your house?

We are not only under the radar, we are likely in it and on it.
Thanks to Craig H. for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 9th April 2008, 02:13 PM
MysterHK

Total Posts: 63

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Craig H. View Post

I guess I could show a pile of white powdered clay, but I don't think that would make much sense to most folks. If I was to show pictures of the things that contain our clay I could show pictures of plastics, paint, and such.

For folks in the U.S., I think it is safe to say that at some point you have used a product containing our clay. Do you drive a car, for instance? Have paint in/on your house?

We are not only under the radar, we are likely in it and on it.
Craig,

No one industry is insignificant. All industries have an interdependent relationship, at least in my view. Some industries sustain others. If we have the wisdom to learn, all industries may teach us their virtues. We can learn ways that all may benefit.
Thank You to MysterHK for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #8  
Old 9th April 2008, 02:47 PM
SteelMaiden

Total Posts: 4,196

I am somewhat like Craig. You've likely driven over us, definitely used something that was carried in something made from us, if you live in something more permanent than a tent, somebody used us to build the equipment that gave you a foundation, etc. But, looking at a piece of steel is not really exciting by itself.

Craig and I are the workhorses of the world (along with a lot of other commodity suppliers) We shall leave the fancy horse show stuff to the rest of you. You look so nice all shined up, we are proud of you. Together we make all the things that make the world go round!
Thank You to SteelMaiden for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >